The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Pinky & Perky

Lilo & Stitch

Tom & Jerry

Wallace & Gromit

Timon & Pumba

Ok so. I have two axolotls coming tomorrow. These guys are going in my 40 gallon (build journal here - https://www.fishforums.net/threads/olivefish05s-double-tank-journal-and-builds.476424/ ) with the axolotl I currently have. These are the photos from the website I purchased them from, I will take new ones when they come. I am looking for name suggestions! I really like Wobbles and Ponyo. My other is named Kirby, but I have only had him 2 or so months so I could change his name if I wanted to go with a theme.

View attachment 147545View attachment 147546
I came very close to buying a pair of Goldens, had tank set up & cycled etc. Decided against it. Tank sits empty.
My pair Lucys are the most boring pets I‘ve ever owned. They are inactive to the point of inertia. They hide out in their caves or stay behind the filter. Boring! They are adorable, but I prefer moving or cuddly pets.

I may move my wildlife camera from the cat room to the axies & see if these guys are more active in the dark. I’ve read people poke at them & use flash lighting to get pics. So I’ve yet to decent pic of mine. Working on doing dim lit photography with my digital SLR Canon Rebel.

How about, Elton and John, or Mick and Jagger.
Ok so. I have two axolotls coming tomorrow. These guys are going in my 40 gallon (build journal here - https://www.fishforums.net/threads/olivefish05s-double-tank-journal-and-builds.476424/ ) with the axolotl I currently have. These are the photos from the website I purchased them from, I will take new ones when they come. I am looking for name suggestions! I really like Wobbles and Ponyo. My other is named Kirby, but I have only had him 2 or so months so I could change his name if I wanted to go with a theme.

View attachment 147545View attachment 147546
Borrow my creative axie names. 😛😛😛
Sally & Mander

I came very close to buying a pair of Goldens, had tank set up & cycled etc. Decided against it. Tank sits empty.
My pair Lucys are the most boring pets I‘ve ever owned. They are inactive to the point of inertia. They hide out in their caves or stay behind the filter. Boring! They are adorable, but I prefer moving or cuddly pets.

I may move my wildlife camera from the cat room to the axies & see if these guys are more active in the dark. I’ve read people poke at them & use flash lighting to get pics. So I’ve yet to decent pic of mine. Working on doing dim lit photography with my digital SLR Canon Rebel.
As adults they are inactive for the most part. And they are more nocturnal....I did say that my boy was hyper at night and once he had done his 40 lengths after breakfast he would often park up for the day, sometimes in full view but more often in his drainpipe or in the bushes somewhere

They need to hunt prey...like live earthworms...to get motivated. They are naturally lazy even in the wild when at home in their Mexican lakes they were mainly quiet and still all day, then went rampant lunatic mode at night

Phoenix would wake me up most nights with his messing about :)

As adults they are inactive for the most part. And they are more nocturnal....I did say that my boy was hyper at night and once he had done his 40 lengths after breakfast he would often park up for the day, sometimes in full view but more often in his drainpipe or in the bushes somewhere

They need to hunt prey...like live earthworms...to get motivated. They are naturally lazy even in the wild when at home in their Mexican lakes they were mainly quiet and still all day, then went rampant lunatic mode at night

Phoenix would wake me up most nights with his messing about :)
I’m definitely moving the cam into the axie room! It‘s good in the night mode & is linked to the app on my iPad, making it easy to observe

These are all great name suggestions, thanks everyone!

Oh nooooo.

The axolotls came a day later than expected because yesterday was Veterans Day, so the post office was closed. They came today and I’ve just acclimated them to the tank! They both ate some black worms and are looking gorgeous. Getting along with Kirby so far! I did some googling and apparently in “Kirby’s Dream Land 3” there are these two cute octopus looking characters, a pink one, ChuChu as ya’ll suggested before, and a yellow one named Nyupun. I will get better photos tonight, I have a doctors appointment for my hand:rolleyes:
6AB8585D-FC54-4230-A918-25B36931F5A0.png
46D8C49F-0D3C-4EE2-ABCF-532D12E4720B.jpeg
DF63CCA2-8FB6-401C-9A01-900FEA9C5ECE.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back