Arowana Life Span

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

MHunt

I think therefore I shouldn't
Reaction score
I've got a quick question. What's the average lifespan of an Arowana. I know they're really expensive and I guess from the cost of some of them they will live for some time.

I agree with minxmaster and say 20+ years. Most take a few yrs to become sexually mature so 20years could be a bit low. But you should certainly get 20yrs out of them, probably more.

Unfortunately that is assuming that appropriate tank size and care is given,

Unfortunately that is assuming that appropriate tank size and care is given,

Yeah I appreciate that, I'd only consider housing one if I had the appropriate 100G tank to let the fish grow to it's full potential.

I'm not thinking of getting one, yet... It's one of the fish on my wishlist certainly. I'm just curious seeing they're so expensive. Do they breed well in captivity.

I'd only consider housing one if I had the appropriate 100G tank to let the fish grow to it's full potential.

100G is nowhere near big enough,

Your looking at around 200G for an asian or australian
and around a 300G for a South American Arowana

I'd only consider housing one if I had the appropriate 100G tank to let the fish grow to it's full potential.

100G is nowhere near big enough,

Your looking at around 200G for an asian or australian
and around a 300G for a South American Arowana

Hence why i'm asking the questions now. I'm sure there are pleanty of people who'll see a youngun' in a 55g dealers tank and think that'll do for it's life.

i have 2 arowanas ones about almost 6 yrs and other is 3

i have them in a 850gallon pool..

supriseing i didnt know they can live over 20 yrs

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back