Arghhhh! I Just Found Molly Fry In My Son's Tank!

I have never actually raised fry before but just hearing the stories make me excited. :)

Its fun :) watch them grow before your very eyes, watch the cute slow growers stay babies with you for a longer period of time.

Yeah, I wonder if my Orange Von Rios are going to breed, but Im not going to go out of my way to do it though. If it happens then thats cool :D

Maybe if I get a Platy or two. :lol:

Well my son is very upset that I moved his prized Fancy Guppies so they're getting returned to his 20 gallon high later today. He agreed to move the (6) Glowlight Tetras instead. Only after I agreed to get him (3) more Neons for the 20 gallon.

So far so good, the fry are all still swimming around & eating ground up flake. I haven't lost any of them.

The tank temp is 78 degrees or so, hard to see the stupid thermometer in the dark.................

I'm checking the levels now & I'll post the results shortly.

It sounds like your son is a businessman to be! :)

Yeah, I wonder if my Orange Von Rios are going to breed, but Im not going to go out of my way to do it though. If it happens then thats cool :D

Maybe if I get a Platy or two. :lol:

Hey, I just noticed your tank has the same decoration in the middle that I have in my 36 gallon! I also have a small school of (6) Von Rio Flame Tetras. You should add another Flame since a school is considered six or more. Here's a couple of pics from last night:

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

You can put a round aeration stone in the little nook on the left side like I did. It fits perfectly and keeps the bubbles right in the middle of the tank instead of the back where they can gather too much. I only wish I bought the green stone so it would blend better & look more natural.

Yeah I bought it from Petsmart. I noticed that you have some Von Rios as well. :D

Yeah I bought it from Petsmart. I noticed that you have some Von Rios as well. :D

I got the Von Rios for $1 each at PetCo! They were in a tank with (2) Lemon Tetras which I also scooped up. I liked the Lemons so much that I bought (4) more at another store.

Since it's raining here in NC I might just go to PetSmart for some of their driftwood that comes with a live plant for $10. My 10 gallon looks like crap next to yours, I need some sort of decor & nothing beats live plants.

Thanks for the compliment! I always thought of my tank rather plain so I think that I will add a background and some more fake plants. :)
Yeah I also like Lemon tetras as well. :D

Thanks for the compliment! I always thought of my tank rather plain so I think that I will add a background and some more fake plants. :)

You should consider live plants instead. They help keep the nitrates in check, the fish love real plants & real driftwood lowers the pH supposedly. Tetras love low pH...............PetSmart has small pieces of wood with a hole drilled in it that has a real live plant in it. Just don't get any gold or white ribbon plants! They are semi-aquatic & eventually die since they need air too. I already made that mistake in my 36 gallon.

I tested the ammonia & nitrite & both are perfect zeros..............

I'll test the pH & nitrate tonight. Now I'm off to PetSmart & PetCo to pick out a nice Dwarf Gourami and some driftwood with plants................I'll post some updated pictures tonight.

i always wrap a piece of old stocking around the filter pickup held with an elastic band to stop the fry being sucked up

You should consider live plants instead. They help keep the nitrates in check, the fish love real plants & real driftwood lowers the pH supposedly. Tetras love low pH...............PetSmart has small pieces of wood with a hole drilled in it that has a real live plant in it. Just don't get any gold or white ribbon plants! They are semi-aquatic & eventually die since they need air too. I already made that mistake in my 36 gallon.

Yep I thought of getting some java fern which I will do in the near future after finish stocking the tank. :D

Alrighty...........

I got a nice Power Blue Dwarf Gourami at PetCo since they have the longest warranty at 30 days. We also went to PetSmart & bought (3) more Neons and (3) Fancy Guppies, two orange & one blue.

I'm going to have to update my signature to reflect the changes to the stock in each tank. I'll also post some pictures of the new inhabitants later tonight.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back