Are These Killifish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

FBTgirl2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
You will probably be mad at me but today I bought fish on impulse. My grandma just sent me this picture of a wonderful picture and I was walking around the petstore and of course I must go look at fish. I saw these fish that looked almost exactly like the picture. They were very pretty and I am not usually like that but I got like one quick glance at the name and honestly have no idea what it was now. Anyway, I have there tank setup and everything but I must know what kind of fish they are. They really remind me of Killifish but I can't tell. They have red tails and fins but there body is like yellowish on there head and lower tail but where the color is it's blackish, silverish, and greenish it looks almost shiny! Iyou guys could tell from my bad pictures that would be amazing. They look almost like a molly body shape but I am almost positive they are not mollies by the tail difference. Sorry about the bad quality pictures.

Attachments

• SUNP0134 (WinCE).JPG
    SUNP0134 (WinCE).JPG
    10 KB · Views: 64
  • SUNP0133 (WinCE).JPG
    SUNP0133 (WinCE).JPG
    10 KB · Views: 54
  • SUNP0135 (WinCE).JPG
    SUNP0135 (WinCE).JPG
    7 KB · Views: 57
No FBT... They are in fact green swordtails... a livebearing fish... (very much like a platy, but note the longer body shape) Platies are also available in this colour strain.

And also make sure your canopy seals efeectively around the seams... these fish are excellent jumpers.

Wow. I did not even consider swordtail. Anyway, thankyou so much for telling me. (off to research)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back