Are These Fish Hard To Take Care Of?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

AngelAi

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Mandarin-Fish-fish-28881657-640-456.jpg

I Never had a salt water tank before just fresh water. I was thinking when I get the money to of getting a salt water tank and I would really like a tank of these little guys, And I was wondering if any other fish can go in with them or can they even be in a tank with more then one? are they hard to take care of?

I have never done salt water and am still super newbie in freshwater but I remember talking about that fish in chat with one of the salties around here and If I remember correctly was told they are difficult to take care of

Ninjouzata said:
I have never done salt water and am still super newbie in freshwater but I remember talking about that fish in chat with one of the salties around here and If I remember correctly was told they are difficult to take care of
oh drats.. well maybe one day I'll be brave and give it a shot. 

AngelAi said:

oh drats.. well maybe one day I'll be brave and give it a shot. 

My interest lies in freshwater as that is what my dream fish is in, but the fish in question (mandarin goby isn't it?) is very tempting to try salt for >_< Later in life ofcourse..ah well :)

will Never know untill we try right? <3

Yep! ^_^ When/if you do attempt it, good luck!

Ninjouzata said:
Yep!
happy.png
When/if you do attempt it, good luck!
thanks tho it wont be for a long time. gonna wait till Me any my bf get your money

But it's my money :-( lol. Typos are fun.

OMG LOL bad bad typoooooo X___X sorry. 

Don't want to ruin your funny moments, but the Mandarin Dragonet or Mandarin Goby is a very difficult fish, not entirely having to do with the aquarium but the food... they are beyond picky and are miniature fat cows, in other words, they eat..... a lot! Plus, you would need a minimum 100 G aquarium and it would have to be at least 10 months mature. So just some tips if you haven't already decided. On a better notice they are somewhat easy to breed, but it takes a while. 

dont want to steel the thread here but what are some easy to keep gobies then?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back