Are these eggs??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BrittanyA

Reaction score
Anyone know what this is? Snail has been a bit "sluggish" the last few days. I saw these this morning.

Attachments

• 20190919_112926.jpg
    20190919_112926.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 225
Can't believe someone hasn't replied to this yet. I want to know myself. It looks like one of those Malaysian Trumpet Snails that are so common so SOMEONE should know. Looks like eggs to me. So what about it fellow Forumites ?

????
There ya go its a reply. Don't have a scooby what it is though...

MTS are livebearers so they are not MTS eggs. What else is in your tank? Is the snail an MTS? She’ll looks different texture.

Last edited:
Can't believe someone hasn't replied to this yet. I want to know myself. It looks like one of those Malaysian Trumpet Snails that are so common so SOMEONE should know. Looks like eggs to me. So what about it fellow Forumites ?
I find that there's not a lot of info about rabbit snails. It's odd. Anyway, Jeremy sucked them back up in his shell, but you can still see part of it. Strange.

Keep us posted. I’m really interested. Rabbit snail. Knew it didn’t look like an MTS. I did find this bit of info. From Aquarium Care Basics...
Rabbit Snail Breeding In Freshwater Aquariums
Its not uncommon for Rabbit Snail breeding to occur in freshwater tanks provided conditions are right. The good news is that Rabbit Snail breeding happens slowly. A Rabbit Snail produces one offspring at a time, so the tank does not get overrun like with many other snails.

When Rabbit Snail breeding happens, the snail leaves a small creamy white egg sack behind. The egg sack is about the size of a pencil eraser. Inside the egg sack is a fully formed baby Rabbit Snail, that emerges very hungry. The baby Rabbit Snail will almost immediately begin scouring the tank for soft algae or other food to eat. One of the nice things to observe about a baby Rabbit Snail is how flawless its shell appears. No pit marks or scuffs, just a well formed whorl from apex to aperture.

And from Aquarium Breeders.com....
Rabbit Snails Maturity.
Rabbit snails have a very low rate of reproduction, so even if they are kept in large groups it will not be likely to over-populate the aquarium. These snails give live birth and produce one round white pod every 4 – 6 weeks or so, within which will be one, two, or rarely three baby snails.

That could have been a pod. How long have you had Jeremy. Has he been exposed to another rabbit snail? Look around the tank for a baby. I read the female can store sperm for several months.

Last edited:
Hi I breed rabbit snails and it's the egg sac so like others have said there will be a baby some where in your tank. I've seen mine eat the sac or the shrimp enjoy it! They are so tiny when their born I usually find mine stuck on the glass having a good munch lol

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back