Are these easy to grow.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JamesTasker

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I went to my lfs on the weekend and bought an anubias congensis and a spatiphyllum quatro which I thought was an amazon sword plant as it was in with them, :dunno: .

The lfs said these were easy enough to grow, and they are normally pretty good. I have 2Watts per gallon of light and I am using root tablets. Will they be OK?

One other question - I have planted my Java fern in the substrate - a mixture of sand and rounded gravel. Is this OK?

Thanks for any help.

I think Spathiphyllum quattro is a type of peace lily, maybe marginal but i'm pretty sure it isn't aquatic and hence will not appreciate being permanently submerged. The Anubias congensis is easy to grow ime, all anubias i've tried have been easy.

Well, i would return it if it was sold to you as an aquatic. There seems to be very little info on this particular species, but that genus name is what the terrestrial/marginal peace lilies are classified under.

Also, in my experience, an anubias in a tank with 2wpg should probably be planted in a 'shaded' spot -- otherwise, the long-lived leaves will eventually get covered with green spot algae.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back