Are Smaller Tanks.......

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ajbettle

Fish Addict
Reaction score
are smaller tanks harder o maintain? are the nitrate nitrite .... levels harder to maintain? :/ :/

I have found them to be similar provided they are not overstocked although missing a water change seemed to have quicker and deadlier results in the smaller tank.

I am not sure about the nitrite and nitrate readings... I didn't even know about those until I read this forum.

But I find that a smaller tank is harder to take care of. Even a difference from the 5 to 10 gallon. With the 5 I had a big problems with the lights creating too much heat and making problems that way. I even went to a lower wattage and it still was a big difference when I went to the 10 gallon, I liked it much better. That's why I am looking forward to the 25 gal... See how much that makes a difference.

Lea-Andra

thanks, im getting a 10 gallon 4 my bedroom, so i dont want it 2 big.. 10 shud b ok! :D

Large tanks i.e. tanks 40gals or more, are generally easier to maintain a stable good water quality and temp as it is less likely to fluctuate so quickly but thats about it- all in all, all tanks will need the same sort of maintance on the same sort of time basis(i.e. 30% weekly water change with dechlorinator, clean substrate every 1-2weeks, rinse filter sponge every 10days+ in tank water from water changes etc) on average :nod: .
Personally i would get the largest tank you can accomodate as no doubt you'll be wanting a larger tank in a couple of months time :nod: .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back