Are My Lfs Just Being Generous Here?

iankent

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 24, 2008
Messages
282
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Cardiff, Wales, UK
You might have seen my other posts and know I've had 4 frogs die in the last few days! :( Two of them had been buried, and I still had two of them. One of the ones I had left was from a batch I bought last sunday, and the other I got about 3 weeks ago.

Anyway, I went back to my LFS with the two frogs, they tested my water, then gave me credit for the full batch of six I bought the week before (I didn't even have a receipt - literally walked in with just two dead frogs in a bag)!

What do you think? Are my LFS just being generous here (if this last three live, it means I have 9 frogs for the price of 6!), or are they just assuming the rest of my frogs are going to die, and saving me a trip back down there when they do?

i'm hoping they're just being generous :P the guy did seem friendly enough, tho he also pointed out I really should clear my 10ppm nitrAtes...
 
maybe he knew it was a bad batch, still generous though, i couldn't see my LFS doing that
second that!

yeah, i have my suspiscions but we'll wait and see! today the frogs are looking way healthier anyway - they've been swimming a lot more than ever, and munching on everything they can find, so keeping my fingers crossed!

it was a maidenhead aquatics store btw - bad advice from some staff there, but others seem a bit better :)
 
it depends on how good a customer you are. If you are a well known regular then the shop is probably just being nice to you. It could also be they lost their last batch of frogs and simply replaced yours because they lost theirs. We used to only replace the fish that were brought in. ie: if you brought 2 bodies back we would replace the two.
 
it depends on how good a customer you are. If you are a well known regular then the shop is probably just being nice to you. It could also be they lost their last batch of frogs and simply replaced yours because they lost theirs. We used to only replace the fish that were brought in. ie: if you brought 2 bodies back we would replace the two.

well other than the aquarium itself i've bought pretty much everything else there, and have spoken to this guy briefly once or twice! good point though, but i'm still hoping these three pull through, whatever it is thats wrong!

edit: lilfishie - they're great pets, have spent hours watching them thinking it had only been about 20 minutes lol :D
 
In the replacement regard, the chain pet stores are better because they don't really have a lot to lose. The employees don't get extra commission, so they don't really care about replacing fish. But at the family stores, they are more stingy, and they don't have guarantees at all. I feel like I'm forced to shop at one of my local fish stores because they carry all the exotic fish I like, but the person in charge is a real d*ckhead.
 
They will be doing that because you are now a happy customer even tho your goods have died. So they keep you as a customer who will return and pay back the credit they give you. So a small term loss for them but once you return they will start to profit
 
I wouldnt be worried about 10ppm of nitrates, in fact i would be over the moon ith 10ppm of nitrates!

Was it the Rhadyr store?

If so i've found some staff really helpful others useless! (i took in a almost fully grown ctenopoma acutirostre for store credit and they offered me £3!!! i bought it as a baby from the same shop for £6!! that guy should be out of a job!)
 
I wouldnt be worried about 10ppm of nitrates, in fact i would be over the moon ith 10ppm of nitrates!

Was it the Rhadyr store?

If so i've found some staff really helpful others useless! (i took in a almost fully grown ctenopoma acutirostre for store credit and they offered me £3!!! i bought it as a baby from the same shop for £6!! that guy should be out of a job!)

Yep, the Radyr one! I went back today and got a refund for the credit they gave me, seeing as they dont have any more frogs in stock! might be a good thing, as 7 of the 9 i've bought from them have died (am about to treat the other two with aquarium salt, hopefully they'll live!)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top