Are honey gouramis aggressive

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

All that said, there are albino Pygmy Corydoras, but they are quite rare, as far as I've been able to find out.
I could even be wrong about your own fish, so a better photo would be helpful and if you could throw a measurement at me... ;)
Hmmm well I believe your right because when I googled it it brought up fish pics that looked nothing like mine.

Allegedly. They swim around mid-tank at meal time but mine spend all day under the logs. Most un- tetra -like!
Mine are more akin to bees...always buzzing around the tank, either singly, in pairs, threes or even, on occasion, the full group of nine. They appear to get involved when other fish start to school and are always swimming up to check other fish out...possibly because the Glowlights, Black Neons and Golden Pencils all have a lateral stripe.

What should I type up on google to shop for a Gourami?Any sites you guys recommend to buy one, maybe a link?

Mine are more akin to bees...always buzzing around the tank, either singly, in pairs, threes or even, on occasion, the full group of nine. They appear to get involved when other fish start to school and are always swimming up to check other fish out...possibly because the Glowlights, Black Neons and Golden Pencils all have a lateral stripe.
Was wondering what do honey gouramis look like?

The photo in Bruce's link is a male of the natural colour. Female natural coloured honeys are a greyish beige. There is also a man made yellow variety (made by selective breeding) where both male and females are yellow though males tend to be more orangey towards the tail than females. Stores also sell fish labelled as red honeys or red robin gouramis but these are not honeys, they are thick lipped gouramis which grow bigger than honeys.

As for where to buy them, do your local shops not stock them? In the UK just about every fish store has them, usually the yellow variety.

A corydoras

Hiya :) Just want to also add to the voices confirming that these albino corydora are not a dwarf species of any kind. The albino cories most often found in the trade are either C. aeneus (Bronze cories) or C.paleatus (Peppered cories. Not to be confused with Salt and pepper cories!)

C. aeneus are also called Bronze corydora, very popular and common in the hobby, and the albino version is just a colour mutation, not a separate species of its own. They're much larger than any of the three dwarf species of cory, so it's not good for a store to label them as dwarf :(

These are cordoras aeneus;
DSCF3339.JPG

DSCF5059.JPG

And these are C. paleatus;
corydoraPaleatus.jpg

Both can also be albino, and there are a few other species that they could be - these two are just the most common. There aren't albino dwarf cories though.

These two species have slightly different requirements as well, the paleatus prefers cooler water temps for one thing, so it would be useful to know which species you have.

If you can post some clear photos of your albino cories for us, using the daylight setting on your tank light, not the blue light - someone may be able to ID which species you have :)

Hiya :) Just want to also add to the voices confirming that these albino corydora are not a dwarf species of any kind. The albino cories most often found in the trade are either C. aeneus (Bronze cories) or C.paleatus (Peppered cories. Not to be confused with Salt and pepper cories!)

C. aeneus are also called Bronze corydora, very popular and common in the hobby, and the albino version is just a colour mutation, not a separate species of its own. They're much larger than any of the three dwarf species of cory, so it's not good for a store to label them as dwarf :(

These are cordoras aeneus;
View attachment 143063

View attachment 143059

And these are C. paleatus;
View attachment 143060

Both can also be albino, and there are a few other species that they could be - these two are just the most common. There aren't albino dwarf cories though.

These two species have slightly different requirements as well, the paleatus prefers cooler water temps for one thing, so it would be useful to know which species you have.

If you can post some clear photos of your albino cories for us, using the daylight setting on your tank light, not the blue light - someone may be able to ID which species you have :)
Are the C aeneus in the first pics the same fish. The first ones look like C.schultzei.
If they are there at least is C.schultzei blood in them.

Are the C aeneus in the first pics the same fish. The first ones look like C.schultzei.
If they are there at least is C.schultzei blood in them.
The first two pics with the C aeneus are my own fish :) But not the same individual fish in both photos. Have a large group of them, plus their offspring (they spawned while in quarantine after I bought them!) No one has suggested they might be C schultzei before. Their colouring isn't very dark in person, perhaps just the lighting in the photo, or the settings on your screen? What makes you think C.schultzei blood in them? I love cories, but still have a great deal to learn about them! The ones in these first two pics had some excess mucus on their sides, I took these while they were still in quarantine after I bought them, and asked Colin for advice. They healed up after W/C's and treatment with eSHa 2000. And then spawned... lol
DSCF3200.JPG
DSCF3431.JPG
DSCF1990.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back