Aquascaper 600

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bit of a trim tonight - the Cardomine is going nuts really like it! Not ordered anything else for the foreground yet but going to have a look now, I want some more moss for the wood too, been enjoying the wood texture but think I'm changing my mind now.

7C2C3775-BE01-4A01-810C-9085D71AA64A_1_105_c.jpeg

I bought a aqua nano 40 the other day. I'm planning to Scape it as soon as I've got a spare day, I've got loads of inspiration from your one. ;)

9F44D7AA-9628-4964-9EDF-EA984DF154CC_1_105_c.gif

Just made this gif of the past few weeks with this scape - quite funny to see how the wood has sunk into the substrate over time.

Bit of a trim tonight - the Cardomine is going nuts really like it! Not ordered anything else for the foreground yet but going to have a look now, I want some more moss for the wood too, been enjoying the wood texture but think I'm changing my mind now.

View attachment 118054
Man, the hairgrass is looking good. I can see it starting to branch out. Well done Wills.

I think my Co2 is running out as I've had to turn the gague up to get a decent flow into the tank and the drop checker to turn green. I've had a new canister delivered as I was expecting it to run out in October.

Just to check my logic as my regulator doesnt have a quick release valve.

If I cut the cable ties on the handles of the extinguisher so it goes to the closed position in the morning (Friday) by Saturday morning the regulator should have no pressure in it so it will be safe to remove?

So my theory was correct :) Took the cable ties off about 7pm and both pressure gagues are running at 0 which is what I wanted to happen. I'll get this connected to a new canister in the morning when I do my maintenance.

EC6B01B8-2484-447F-84DF-4F81DFD6026F_1_105_c.jpeg

Due to my fluctuating Co2 over the last week or so I have had a bit of green hair/fuzz algae build up on the wood. Which is in greater volumes than previously but it does come off quite easy with a toothbrush. Good plant growth while I turned the Co2 up to get the last bit out of the canister.

10ACF5E3-747F-4125-83D8-F295F8F34B53_1_105_c.jpeg

Planning to plant my new Hygro Araguia and add some Java Moss to the wood tomorrow too. I'm tempted to go to my LFS to try and get some snails and some shrimp. I want Blue Shrimp but might go for Cherries if thats all they have.

Wills

Yeah, that what happens with fluctuating co2 levels, hair algae is extremely common for that.

Hygro Araguia are nice but I've had no luck with them in low tech set ups, could be due to my hard water perhaps.

Shrimps are great but if you want a tad bit more algae control, then amanos are the real workhorses for that so perhaps a combination of cherries and amanos will work well.

I've had the two species in tanks before, no issues at all whatsoever.

Hope that works out ok

Thanks :) I have a small army of Amanos and they sometimes make a difference but there is a tipping point where they dont seem to make a difference. I'm hoping some snails and (eventually)some red lizard whiptails will look after the tank a bit better my old whiptails did a great job on my 6ft tank.

I was wondering about Panda Garas but think they might get a bit too big for the tank...

Wills

Thanks :) I have a small army of Amanos and they sometimes make a difference but there is a tipping point where they dont seem to make a difference. I'm hoping some snails and (eventually)some red lizard whiptails will look after the tank a bit better my old whiptails did a great job on my 6ft tank.

I was wondering about Panda Garas but think they might get a bit too big for the tank...

Wills
I was actually thinking pandas, and they would look super nice! What are the dimensions? Another problem is they need heavy flow.

100 litres, 60cm x 50cm, flow is 900lph from the filter and I have a powerhead that is set to 1200lph. Seems to be slightly conflicting advice about Panda Gara tank size, Seriously Fish says tank is too small, Practical Fish Keeping says im spot on... I think the Red Lizards lightly edge it for me though, but dont usually like mixing fish from different continents. But then again my plants arent biotope anyway...

In terms of other fish what do people like out of these.

Dwarf Neon Rainbows
Rummy Nose Rasboras
Galaxy Rasboras
Red Neon Blue Eye Rainbowfish

Wills

100 litres, 60cm x 50cm, flow is 900lph from the filter and I have a powerhead that is set to 1200lph. Seems to be slightly conflicting advice about Panda Gara tank size, Seriously Fish says tank is too small, Practical Fish Keeping says im spot on... I think the Red Lizards lightly edge it for me though, but dont usually like mixing fish from different continents. But then again my plants arent biotope anyway...

In terms of other fish what do people like out of these.

Dwarf Neon Rainbows
Rummy Nose Rasboras
Galaxy Rasboras
Red Neon Blue Eye Rainbowfish

Wills
Galaxy rasbora always take it for me, that being said, rummy nose are super cool. It's really up to you with the gara/lizard debate, but I think that's enough flow and space for both species!

Got the Co2 swapped over today - rather nerve racking working with canisters but all seemed to go well. I forgot to turn down the working pressure so that was a bit high to start with but ok now.

I've added a few more pots of plants all from Tropica 1-2-grow range. I got an other pot of dwarf hairgrass as I want it to fill out a bit faster than it is and I've added an other pot of Marsilea Hirsuta to make a mixed carpet. There is one pot of Hygrophila Araguia in there now and I have a second but the tub was packed out with stems so might wait to see how it fills out before adding the other. I've also added 2 pots of Java Moss to the wood, to try and compete with the algae that is growing on the upper levels of the branches, I dont know how else to out compete algae at the top?

FE4A9235-89FC-4B4D-B1E0-F0F7F968D1A9_1_105_c.jpeg

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back