Aquascaper 600

Thanks for all the support guys really appreciate it. Quick shot tonight, no maintenance because I just dont think it needs it. Actually quite surprised that you can see noticeable plant growth over on the left and the Limnophilum on the right. The Limnophilum was really open through the day today but seems to have closed up now? Didnt realise that they did that.

Interestingly after planning the other scape quite specifically I think I prefer the organic nature of this tank and from looking at the pictures and the tank itself I can see what I want to do with it over time. When the new plants arrive tomorrow I am going to move some plants around, the cardamine on the left is going behind the wood in the middle and the new Hydrocotyle Tripartita is going to go into the hole at the front middle under the branch. The annoying thing is that the rock there is the nicest one with great texture but you can hardly see it... I've got some of the hair grass behind the rocks on the right so going to move it to the front to flesh out that area with more plugs and plant my last pot of Helenthiam at the back to replace it.

Wills

IMG_0963.jpg

Thanks for all the support guys really appreciate it. Quick shot tonight, no maintenance because I just dont think it needs it. Actually quite surprised that you can see noticeable plant growth over on the left and the Limnophilum on the right. The Limnophilum was really open through the day today but seems to have closed up now? Didnt realise that they did that.

Interestingly after planning the other scape quite specifically I think I prefer the organic nature of this tank and from looking at the pictures and the tank itself I can see what I want to do with it over time. When the new plants arrive tomorrow I am going to move some plants around, the cardamine on the left is going behind the wood in the middle and the new Hydrocotyle Tripartita is going to go into the hole at the front middle under the branch. The annoying thing is that the rock there is the nicest one with great texture but you can hardly see it... I've got some of the hair grass behind the rocks on the right so going to move it to the front to flesh out that area with more plugs and plant my last pot of Helenthiam at the back to replace it.

Wills

View attachment 116002
Super pretty. Can see the scape really opening up.

Oh yes, can see both the left and right hand sides of tank plants straightening up and growing a bit already, thats pretty fast!

Cant wait to see what it looks like in one or two weeks time!

Nice one!

Thanks guys :) Got the new plants in today - always wondered what the difference was between the Hydrocotyle and Caradmine but not been able to tell in photos, based on the plants I've recieved the Cardamine is a much more elegant plant with thinner stems and more uniform growing leaves. The Hyrocotyle is quite leggy and stem roots are a lot more prevelant, had I seem both side by side in a shop I would have just gone for the Cardamine but trying to make the best of it.

Really hoping the foreground plants get going now as thats the weakest part of the scape right now.

Wills

IMG_0965.jpg

Thanks guys :) Got the new plants in today - always wondered what the difference was between the Hydrocotyle and Caradmine but not been able to tell in photos, based on the plants I've recieved the Cardamine is a much more elegant plant with thinner stems and more uniform growing leaves. The Hyrocotyle is quite leggy and stem roots are a lot more prevelant, had I seem both side by side in a shop I would have just gone for the Cardamine but trying to make the best of it.

Really hoping the foreground plants get going now as thats the weakest part of the scape right now.

Wills

View attachment 116086
It looks so good. I love your grass :). Are you gonna add fish, or just do a plant thing?

It looks so good. I love your grass :). Are you gonna add fish, or just do a plant thing?
Thanks :) - I do want to add fish at some point I was waiting to get over the algae in the last set up so going to give this scape a while before I do. I cant decide what I want though...

Thanks :) - I do want to add fish at some point I was waiting to get over the algae in the last set up so going to give this scape a while before I do. I cant decide what I want though...
It could look pretty nice with a species only White Cloud tank. Or some other small shoal, like black neons.

It could look pretty nice with a species only White Cloud tank. Or some other small shoal, like black neons.
Yeah thats what I'm thinking I have hard water though so finding the right fish is quite tricky but narrowed it down to

- Rummy Nose Rasboras
- Celestial Pearl Danios or their striped cousin
- Pseudomugil rainbows
- Dwarf Neon Rainbow
- Ricefish - need to research which species still

I've found a couple of whiptail catfish that could work but a lot of profiles are very inconsistent - I want the Red Lizards which is a captive bred strain of a whiptail that lives in a broad range of waters in the wild including some in my parameters. But the profiles for the red one state different.

Im not sure which type of school would look better because of my frosted background would the smaller fish just bleach out? Thats why Im wondering about Dwarf Neons or Ricefish that have a taller body shape? Equally I want to keep working on this scape - I want to get a piece of rock to use as a cliff on the back right, quite tall maybe in a way I can get some substrate behind it and plant a higher level which would darken the background there off.

Wills

Yeah thats what I'm thinking I have hard water though so finding the right fish is quite tricky but narrowed it down to

- Rummy Nose Rasboras
- Celestial Pearl Danios or their striped cousin
- Pseudomugil rainbows
- Dwarf Neon Rainbow
- Ricefish - need to research which species still

I've found a couple of whiptail catfish that could work but a lot of profiles are very inconsistent - I want the Red Lizards which is a captive bred strain of a whiptail that lives in a broad range of waters in the wild including some in my parameters. But the profiles for the red one state different.

Im not sure which type of school would look better because of my frosted background would the smaller fish just bleach out? Thats why Im wondering about Dwarf Neons or Ricefish that have a taller body shape? Equally I want to keep working on this scape - I want to get a piece of rock to use as a cliff on the back right, quite tall maybe in a way I can get some substrate behind it and plant a higher level which would darken the background there off.

Wills
Love the cliff idea, sounds like it would give it a nice full feeling. The Red Lizards are amazing, beautiful color. I think some Ricefish would also look lovely, maybe some Daisy Blues or Pearl Medaka.

After tonights water change :) bit of algae on the glass but cleaned off easily. Hairgrass really isnt growing as fast as it did previously I wonder if I need to turn the lights up from 60%?

1D432D8B-B479-4607-9F98-05127448071E_1_105_c.jpeg

Looking healthy, what are the long plants to the back right?

Go for it! Can you independently change the brightness of the rgb LEDs?
No just up and down I’ve messed light profilesnup before so just wanted something simple haha

Looking healthy, what are the long plants to the back right?
Thanks it’s Limnophilum sessisiflora. Through the day it opens up but at night or after a W/c it closes up like this

Turned the lights up to 80% tonight, the hair grass and AR mini are struggling a little at the moment so hoping this will perk them up and get the hair grass spreading!

D86468D4-D3B9-4443-845E-A52C289D426E_1_105_c.jpeg

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back