Aquarium Plants?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jebbwardo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i am getting 40 plants tommorow or the next day as they have been ordered of the internet they are stated as easy to grow as this is my first tank i dont no much about plants, i basically want to know if they will survive in my tank i am not cycling my tank as i have read dave spencers post and thought id just get plants instead i have had my tank running for a week i have used aqua safe and second hand sponges in my filter aslo squeezed my friends sponge into the tank, my tank is at a 6.5ph and i have no fish in there at the moment, so would my plants die or anything because i have no fish in the tank or will they be okay?

heres a few pictures of my tank as it is now it will be densley planted in a day or two and i am getting a male and femal electric blue rams.

IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0404.JPG

right, it all comes down to what plants you get, if you can take a pic and post it i can help you out more when they arrive, is your tank full of water?  if not it might be an idea to put a layer of soil (john innes no3.) under the gravel. or you could use root tabs (depends on the plants) 

your plants should be fine without fish. 

^+1 what mike said and you will need some fertilisers, some tropica plant growth premium would do nicely (p@h sell it now)

They say there easy to grow ill put pictures up when they come and gonna get some fertiliser.

My Tank With the plants in might get a few more dunno yet tho can someone give me some advise im putting electric blue rams in it to breed.

IMG_0475.JPG
IMG_0476.JPG
IMG_0478.JPG

right there all fairly easy to grow, could you show me the roots of the broad leafed plant in the right front corner  (might be a sword or anubias) 

the roots on the plant in the far right are white and have anchored themselves in already as i can see part of the root on the side of the glass and cant put a picture on at the moment my iphones pictures are over 1mb can only put 300kb on i will put one on when i am at my pc.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back