Aquarium Nightmares....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

alstermania

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I set up a Fluval Chi with a filter, sand for freshwater aquaria, heater, and thermometer. I a marimo moss ball inside, and disaster struck! Not only did the marimo moss ball dirty my water (after I carefully rinsed it) but fell apart to! I had to clean my water and throw away the moss....Next day, I purchased a Moneywort in hopes to fill up my soon-to-be planted aquarium. The Moneywort also shed debris and ruined my water quality(plus it would not stay in place,instead float to the top). I need help finding plants that will not fall apart and dirty my water! Also, they should be hardy plants that can tolerate moderate-low lighting. I am currently on the verge of doing a hard-scape-only tank with driftwood.......

I used Anubis in my chi, and it looked great. I had to move it though because it wasn't getting any light.
Looked good though!

Anubias is a great choice. Also elodea is another great choice (and cheap to boot!). Does well in low-mod lighting and bettas really like the stuff (from my experience anyway).
cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back