Aquarium Light

mike190762

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The light on my aquarium isn't working and I don't know why :dunno: I've changed the bulbs, checked the batteries (it's a built in electric timer). Nothings worked, it's not the fuse in the plug, as it's all attached to one plug and the filters working.

In the 2 days since it's not been working I've lost my red tailed shark :rip: . Could this be because the lights not working?

I've ordered a new timer, hoping it's that, that's faulty. I can do without any disasters at the moment as I'm off to Egypt in 3 weeks.

Oh dear :/ it's unlikely though that your shark died because of the light not working. Even with no artificial light, the tank would still have had normal daylight and it shouldn't have been a problem.

Good luck and hope it's just a new timer you need.

Could the socket in the wall be out?

Definately not!! Like I said, The filter, heater and lights all work off one plug. The heater and filter are working.

Got the new timer today, fitted it and everythings working ok.

Thanks guys.

Have you tried moving the electricity cable around near the point it attaches to the light fixture?

If I move the hood of my aquarium the light sometimes goes of because the position of the electricity cable changes. The light only works with the electricity cable going straight up where it attaches to the light fixture. It has been like that since new! and it is only about 3 months old now. I need to resecure the connection of the electricity cable to the light fixture.

Andy

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back