Aquarium Decorations.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Its all personal choice at the end of the day and you should go with what you think looks good. Each to their own :)

I prefer a more natural look but do use some fake plants in some of my tanks. I use them to hide pipes, heaters and spray bars etc which live plants cant always do and this looks alot more natural than seeing equipment in the background.
20201101_095557.jpg

For example i have silk autumn maple leaves which hides the spray bar, brings extra colour to the tank and is home to my Amano shrimps.

So not all fake is bad:)

Its all personal choice at the end of the day and you should go with what you think looks good. Each to their own :)

I prefer a more natural look but do use some fake plants in some of my tanks. I use them to hide pipes, heaters and spray bars etc which live plants cant always do and this looks alot more natural than seeing equipment in the background.
View attachment 121466
For example i have silk autumn maple leaves which hides the spray bar, brings extra colour to the tank and is home to my Amano shrimps.

So not all fake is bad:)

Exactly. Personal choice! You’ve got to sit and look at your tank so as long as it doesn’t harm the fish, put in what you like!

I personally don’t like artificial stuff in my tank but my daughter has had all kinds of things in hers. It’s what you feel happy with that counts.

I do like those leaves though @Russjw and was considering getting some real ones as autumn comes in! Yours look good though.

This is the fun part of the hobby. Decorating. If you get tired of your tanks just change them a little bit or a whole lot. This makes me wonder. A person with a bird has a bare cage with only a perch and his feeding cups. A guy with a lizard can get pretty creative and build quite the little habitat, be it jungle undergrowth or what have you but most pictures I've seen of the native habitat of many fish is drab and plain as a mud fence. Currently my tanks are all but bare. Filter, gravel and the sad remains of a few plants. Yet the fish don't seem to mind. What compels us to go all Martha Stewart on a glass box of water ?

I just saw this video today and I thought I would share it in this thread. This youtuber makes some really amazing, natural scapes, but in this video he took Spongebob decor and make a really cool tank with it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back