Aquaclear filter questions...

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
I.ve heard more about bgk's then puffers. No more forums though, its hitting its peak.

I disagree, i want another forum for puffers. They are one of the few species i have never kept so i have absolutly no hands on experience with them so dont feel able to give accurate advise, they should have their own forum with a puffer specilaist to mod it (PP hint hint)

Yup I'm with CFC, there are actually very few BGK questions compared with puffers... in fact I regularly come on here and find that the out of the top 6 threads 4 are on puffers.

Couldn't we just rename this forum Puffers and Oddballs? I'm kind of thinking that if THAT many of the posts in this area are about puffers, if you moved the puffer talk elsewhere, this section would be pretty stagnant. -_-

Moderating the forum doesn't mean you need to answer every question personally. :rolleyes: The whole point is for members to help members. Otherwise, we could just run 'advice columns' answered by mods. :dunno:

AquaNut said:
Couldn't we just rename this forum Puffers and Oddballs? I'm kind of thinking that if THAT many of the posts in this area are about puffers, if you moved the puffer talk elsewhere, this section would be pretty stagnant. -_-

Moderating the forum doesn't mean you need to answer every question personally. :rolleyes: The whole point is for members to help members. Otherwise, we could just run 'advice columns' answered by mods. :dunno:

Edit: I wanted to add that I think it's great to add a new forum when it is NEEDED. To me, a new forum is needed when there are so many posts about one topic on a daily basis that all other topics are constantly getting buried. Since that does not appear to be the case in this forum, I think that the need is already being met (providing a place for people to discuss puffers AND other oddballs); there is room enough for both here. Jmo. If Puffers was added to the forum title, a 'special' place to discuss them exists.
I think that naming this forum "Puffers and Oddballs" would be the absolute best thing to do :cool:

:kana: I'm thinking of trying an Aquaclear filter in a new 20 or 30 gal tank. I
like the fact that you can customize the filter media, unlike the Penguin BioWheel
I have on 15 gal now.
Tank will be mostly tetras, and I like to push the limits on fish stocking. I'm thinking
about using filter floss in place of the carbon, but not sure what to put in the top
portion of the filter basket, where I can put the media of my choice in a mesh filter
bag. Any suggestions? I was thinking about a product called ChemiPure which comes
in a 10 oz bag. I think I'd have to cut the bag open and put part of the contents into
the smaller Aquaclear media bag. Good idea or no? Any suggestions on what to put
in the top filter basket position would be appreciated

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back