Aquabid Loading Popups/iframes?

dizzied

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem?

Aquabid was working normally until an hour or so ago, but now it looks like their bottom ads are loading sites via popups and iframes.

Firefox itself blocked the popups. The popups themselves aren't any worry, but the iframes could be drive-by downloads and such. I'm just wondering if Aquabid was compromised.

I've just looked at it now and its not loading any iframe or popup on the homepage for me. I don't have any adblockers enabled so if they are there they should be loading.

I've checked the source and can't seen and iframes mentioned in the code. The ad at the bottom for me is just a standard image with a google syndication link.

Refresh the site again, if it still looks dodgy I would scan your computer for spyware/virus's as they could be replacing google syndication links with their own adverts.

Edit - I tell a lie... the image and link is within an iframe but the destination of the link doesn't look malicious.

It's not on the frontpage, it's in the category and auction pages. Definitely not the Google ads, those seem to be operating normally.

I see the ones you mean now...

Looking at where the links are pointing I don't think it is an intentionally evil iframe designed to download some virus just some not quite as evil advert providers with tracking cookies set. The two they seem to be using are CPXInteractive and Zedo, both real advertising companys. One of them hasn't sized the iframe properly which is why it is visible with scroll bars. I didn't get any popups but both of these advert providers take into account where in the world you are so I would see different ads to you anyway.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back