apple snail diet?

xanaphine

Reaction score
does anyone know if Apple snails will eat bamboo? I have a betta in a bowl with bamboo in it. I want to know if an apple snail will eat all of the roots off of it. I'd like to get him a companion, and I don't think there's enough room for another fish. I also have a similar bowl set up at work with a flowering plant up top with it's roots in the water. Anyhow, any information would be appreciated. I had guppies, swordtails, platys, and cichlids (spelling) for many years, but never a betta. maybe I'm a softie, but they look lonely.

Thanks
Xanaphine

It depends on the type of snail -- Pomacea bridgesii will not eat your plant Pomacea canaliculata will devour it, plus will get to at least baseball size.

Hi xanaphine :)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

I think your question will get a better response in the Invertebrates + Amphibians Forum, so I will move your thread there. :D

I breed golden and blue apple snails,and they eat everything in their path-even trumpet snails and their own poop. :sick:

I wouldn't trust an apple snail farther than i could flick it. My female golden is beyond the size of a baseball,she is a monster. :look:

how big is the conatiner your betta is in? make sure it is at least one gallon so the betta will be happy. :) i keep apple sanils with some of my bettas and a few do like to munch on their feeler and antannae :( if your betta is very fiesty, i wouldnt put a snail in there with him/her.

nah, my red one is pretty calm. He doesn't do a lot, unless I'm feeding him or he's hungry. They he puts on his "I'm so sexy" display until I notice him and feed him, and then it's back to nappy time. I try to "play" with him someitmes and he just give me that "not gonna happen lady" :blink: look. My blue one at home is more active and really likes to let me know that he thinks he's hot stuff and totally sexy. He likes to swim around the bowl really fast a few times and then stop on the side closest to us and do his "sexy" display. He's weird :alien: . I don't think either of them are aggressive because when I put my finger on the bowl they just look at it and follow it. They don't do that gill flare, try to be scarry thing. If you've had bettas and put them next to eachother or something, you know what I'm talking about. I think the bowl here at work is a gallon, the one at home is smaller and I'm thinking about getting a bigger one next week.

Xanaphine

Most reactions

Back