Apistogramma Cacatuoides Breeding Project

Liking this thread...can you post to Devon??? :/ as a tank warming pressie? ;)

Congrats on the spawn.

I am on the hunt for a female Cacatuoides to go with my male below, lost the female 2 weeks ago.

I bought a nano to have a crack at breeding them, my LFS have just taken delivery of some Agasizzi so will try those first I think as can get a pair now and Apistos aren't offered for sale here very often at all

DSC_0632small by thisisrobbo, on Flickr

DSC_0639pp by thisisrobbo, on Flickr

Thought i would do a tank update in 8 weeks you can get this before and after :good:

17th Aug

DSCF3650.jpg

and 16th Oct

DSCF3851.jpg

My Cacatuoides was a beauty, picture of him in my signature below :good:

James.

Any update on how the little guys are getting along? Done a great job with them. At what point did you re-home them with the shrimp?

Any update on how the little guys are getting along? Done a great job with them. At what point did you re-home them with the shrimp?

They doing great thanks, all 17 of them are getting bigger infact im on the look out for a cheap 4 footer as there starting to shows signs of chasing and nipping in such a small tank. A good 10 of them are males so expected, ill grab some photo and upate as their colours and finns have started coming through :good:

They doing great thanks, all 17 of them are getting bigger infact im on the look out for a cheap 4 footer as there starting to shows signs of chasing and nipping in such a small tank. A good 10 of them are males so expected, ill grab some photo and upate as their colours and finns have started coming through :good:
+1
would love one when my tank stops faffing about!

I know what im getting this weekend lol. I hope my lfs has panda apistos :hyper: fingers crossed

Update as requested, these are doing great a tad bigger and im going to put them for sale £5each. Just about to get another 330l as the apisto are laying more and more and think i cracked there care sheet what do you think :lol: :good:

DSCF3872.jpg

DSCF3883.jpg

DSCF3882.jpg

DSCF3881.jpg

DSCF3880.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back