Apistogramma Cacatouides "Orange Flash" Breeding Journal

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

We have babies!

So, due to an unknown reason, I lost one of the pairs of Cockatoo's today. I'm still working on figuring that out.

So, I was rather bummed and just staring at my remaining pair and I noticed it - a small movement. I found free swimming fry!

They are clear and black - and the gravel is black, so the number is hard to ascertain. I counted at least 5 and I don't expect much more - as it's their first batch. I have attached photos and circled them.

Attachments

• IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 65
That's great, congratulations.

I may be in a similar situation shortly, fingers crossed.

Oh wow! The craziest thing has happened.

There were only two fry left (expected; first batch) and the mom has been EXCELLENT. I woke up this morning to find ANOTHER clump of babies that she is now vigorously defending. It seems impossible for this to be true as they literally laid eggs two weeks ago - but my eyes are not deceiving me. I suspect that she ate the two babies overnight as I have not found them yet...

I'll post a picture later.

Oh wow! The craziest thing has happened.

There were only two fry left (expected; first batch) and the mom has been EXCELLENT. I woke up this morning to find ANOTHER clump of babies that she is now vigorously defending. It seems impossible for this to be true as they literally laid eggs two weeks ago - but my eyes are not deceiving me. I suspect that she ate the two babies overnight as I have not found them yet...

I'll post a picture later.
We'd rather a video, hint hint....congrats

I will try and get a video later. I'm at work (working....... =) )

I am a little bit concerned as my wife is having a c-section next Tuesday and I won't really be home for about 3 days. I'll make it my goal to be home at least 1x per day to do BBS -- there is a log and leaves in there which should have some yummy microscopic meals on it for them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back