API Quick Start vs Tetra SafeStart Plus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pebbles28

Reaction score
I've been having issues cycling my tank and have been doing research. I see a lot of good reviews for API Quick Start and Tetra SafeStart Plus but I am curious which one works for everyone else or which you would recommend. And if you don't like either, what other suggestions to you have for products to help? I have tried Seachem Stability as well as Prime (helping to detoxify ammonia) and neither have worked for me.

I've been having issues cycling my tank and have been doing research. I see a lot of good reviews for API Quick Start and Tetra SafeStart Plus but I am curious which one works for everyone else or which you would recommend. And if you don't like either, what other suggestions to you have for products to help? I have tried Seachem Stability as well as Prime (helping to detoxify ammonia) and neither have worked for me.
I think either are fine. Please dont use prime though, it only works for a day or two and adds chemicals that can be harmful to the fish over time. The best way to get rid of ammonia is regular water changes:)

I have experience with tetra safestart + and all my fish are alive and well. I had mollies breed in that tank and though the mother died all the babies are big and healthy.(they were born in July)

The Tetra SafeStart is the best product for a bacterial supplement to get the nitrogen cycle going. But the API may help if that is all you can get.

I have used both API and Safestart and for me the Safestart was a much better product!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back