🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Lest we forget

107E56B5-151F-4644-82EC-0F7CCEFC3328.jpeg

For those of you who aren’t familiar with ANZAC, it is an acronym for Australia New Zealand Army Corps.
Anzac Day is a combination of the US Memorial Day and Veterans Day.
The red poppies represent the blood of fallen soldiers, and a hope for the future.

This is a painting I created to share my heritage, and to honour our fallen soldiers

Interesting Triptych. I think about ANZAC every time I go kayaking because we use the Anzac biscuits, develop originally for the soldiers, because the biscuits survive the humid and abusive handling they get when on a multi day trip, similar to the original biscuits when they were shipped to the ANZAC solders. I think about how uncomfortable the soldiers were then and compare it to how easy it is for us now with more modern fabric and equipment.

Interesting Triptych. I think about ANZAC every time I go kayaking because we use the Anzac biscuits, develop originally for the soldiers, because the biscuits survive the humid and abusive handling they get when on a multi day trip, similar to the original biscuits when they were shipped to the ANZAC solders. I think about how uncomfortable the soldiers were then and compare it to how easy it is for us now with more modern fabric and equipment.
Thank you. Yes! I did a presentation to a class today about Anzac Day, the biscuits and their history etc.

That is an amazing artwork. Someone is sure to scoop that masterpiece up.
Thank you! I already have two interested buyers, and I’m waiting to hear back about a large gallery in Auckland buying it

@juicebox
perhaps you can find a gallery that will take the painting on consignment....you get a percentage of the sale price
You should put a description of the meaning of the painting in a small framed note under the painting. And if it sells, you should give the buyer a link to the video showing you painting it.
If it doesnt sell, you still get public exposure of your name and talents.

Last edited:
@juicebox
perhaps you can find a gallery that will take the painting on consignment....you get a percentage of the sale price
You should put a description of the meaning of the painting in a small framed note under the painting. And if it sells, you should give the buyer a link to the video showing you painting it.
If it doesnt sell, you still get public exposure of your name and talents.
Yes I’ve been in a gallery in the past, and have been applying to others. There is a group (the VFW group in our area) who is opening an art gallery in my town, and they are particularly interested in working with me, especially with that painting.

Fun fact though, the art gallery is going to be in the building that was for sale that I repeatedly said would make a cool art gallery 😄

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back