Anyone Wondered...

spontaneous generation, look it up!

A body of water makes snails, the same way a bit of basil placed between 2 bricks and left in the sun makes scorpions or if you take a piece of dirty cloth, cover it in wheat and wait for 21 days it makes mice.

(people really believed this, look at Lois Pastuers address on spontaneous generation at http://shell.cas.usf.edu/~alevine/pasteur.pdf, pastweur didn't say those thing Van Helmont did.)

doris
 
No I don't wonder that. Because They come on plants. Plants that are first grown outside where snails are. Then they take a ride on the plants to your tank. simple as that. I never had snails in a tank that did not have live plants.
 
In Fact Van Helmont said this-

"When water from the purest spring is placed in a flask steeped in leavening fumes, it
putrefies, engendering maggots. The fumes which rise from the bottom of a swamp
produce frogs, ants, leeches, and vegetation. . .Carve an indentation in a brick, fill it with
crushed basil, and cover the brick with another, so that the indentation is completely sealed.
Expose the two bricks to sunlight, and you will find that within a few days, fumes from the
basil, acting as a leavening agent, will have transformed the vegetable matter into veritable
scorpions."

See, perectly obvious!
Snails just appear.

doris
 
Just as believable as god putting them there.
 
wow this thread had some results


another question....


have you seen any of the snails lift there shells with a tenicle type thingy!?!
 
Crushed basil can make Scorpions?! Well I guess you learn something new everyday!!!
 
spontaneous generation, look it up!

A body of water makes snails, the same way a bit of basil placed between 2 bricks and left in the sun makes scorpions or if you take a piece of dirty cloth, cover it in wheat and wait for 21 days it makes mice.

(people really believed this, look at Lois Pastuers address on spontaneous generation at [URL="http://shell.cas.usf.edu/~alevine/pasteur.pdf"]http://shell.cas.usf.edu/~alevine/pasteur.pdf[/URL], pastweur didn't say those thing Van Helmont did.)

doris


Did you forget to pass it around? Blunt hogger.
 
See I told you I was a renaisance chap, all things interest me, even if they are utter nonsense.

doris
 
Where do the snails come from....
:blink:

Never wanted to ask that, but I did wnat to ask "where do babies come from"?

....I did always love the line in Red dwarf

Lister "I wanna have a sheep and a cow, and breed horses"
Rimmer "What, with a sheep and a cow?"

(please forgive me red-dwarfians if I got that wrong!)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top