Anyone play airsoft here?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

laser tag would be a lot safer

In general, airsoft is a pretty safe contact sport when using proper protective equipment like ANSI rated goggles and masks. A normal "hit" could be compared to the feeling of getting snapped by a rubber band. Enough to leave a temporary welt.

so I guess someone with a cheap gun wouldn't stand a chance against someone with a high powered mega capacity gun.

so I guess someone with a cheap gun wouldn't stand a chance against someone with a high powered mega capacity gun.

Probably not, but a skilled player can sometimes make up for the difference.

how many bullets do airsoft assault weapons hold? how long does it take to reload? do they use co2 cartridges?
@Flushable Pets pretty much covered all of it.

Most player have multiple mags, so it’s easier/faster to reload. Most AEG’s have mags called “Hi-caps” (high capacity), that hold upwards of 400+ bb’s. (They have a little wheel/pull on the bottom, they feeds for bb’s into a slot in the mag, so it can be fired again and again, without actually having to reload p)

It’s very rare to find players using Co2 cartridges in their rifles. It is very common however, to find players using Co2 or Green Gas in their pistols. (Green Gas is similar to Co2, except it is simply, and green gas. It’s a more powerful propellant and it’s easier to “reload” into the magazine)

Some newbie players use spring pistols,but they are very cheap, not accurate, and take forever to reload.

YouTube, “Novritsch SSX23” or “Novritsch SSP1”, to see some of the best Green Gas pistols out there, his are top of the line.

I suppose the best thing about Airsoft these days is that it will leave you no money for drugs........
:oops: Err... ok...? I was gonna say it’s hard to choose between fish keeping and airsoft, but oh well? :lol:

As far as power, they can range from less than 100fps for the cheapo you bought on Wish to in excess of 500fps in some high quality sniper rifles. Most pistols are under 300fps and most rifles will be between 300-400fps. As a general rule of thumb in most games, each class will have minimum engagement distances depending on their power to protect players from injury. A low powered pistol might have a MED of 10ft, whereas a sniper rifle shooting heavier BBs at 400+fps might have a MED of 100ft. Game styles vary greatly as well. From indoor CQB (close quarters) to full on, no limits Milsim played outside. And everything in between.
I’m looking into a sniper rifle that has 400 FPS+ and one that has 500 FPS+! They are both sick and I really want them.

I definitely prefer outdoor, as to indoor, because a whole lotta people get mad when they run around a corner and yiu shoot them like 3 feet away. (That’s why most of those “airsoft rage“ videos where in doors.)

Most people out of the USA are honest with their hits, and don’t get mad when they get out.

laser tag would be a lot safer
I like laser tag, don’t get me wrong, but it doesn’t really push you to be your best.

And there are always those couple of little kids that will rush you and then just follow you around and keep on shooting you, as soon as your vest reloads. :rolleyes:

I like airsoft better, because if you get hit, it hurts. (Not that I like pain or anything, that would be weird... :ninja:)

I’m looking into a sniper rifle that has 400 FPS+ and one that has 500 FPS+! They are both sick and I really want them.

I definitely prefer outdoor, as to indoor, because a whole lotta people get mad when they run around a corner and yiu shoot them like 3 feet away. (That’s why most of those “airsoft rage“ videos where in doors.)

Most people out of the USA are honest with their hits, and don’t get mad when they get out.

500+fps... You're a sadist! If you shoot me with that I'll be forced to mag dump you with 400fps. Ouch!

@kwi Blasphemy! I'll drink to that.

Reactions: kwi
I suppose if you do both you'll not drink either......
No... (at least not me, cause I’m underaged to the extreme)

I guess some other guys may go to a bar after a hard day at the field.

Airsoft isn’t really that expensive, that it will prevent you from getting a couple of drinks on a daily basis.

Most people full setups cost around $1000-$2000, depending on what position they play on the field. (Now this includes everything: Cloths, AEG’s, battery’s, pistols, Green Gas/Co2, grenades, bb’s, cost of playing on the field, upgrades, etc.)

My very weak setup is right around $200, LOL.

500+fps... You're a sadist! If you shoot me with that I'll be forced to mag dump you with 400fps. Ouch!

@kwi Blasphemy!
:hey:

Looking at this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/UPGRADED-A...085823?hash=item264529357f:g:JJcAAOSwGsRfUrlU

And this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/APS-M40A3-...202661?hash=item26381d5125:g:pxEAAOSwI5FeiSem (if I did decide to go with one after the holidays, assuming they are still around, I may go with the M40A3.)

And maybe this one, that has been recommended to me by one of the managers at Fox Airsoft: https://www.foxairsoft.com/airsoft-...on-army-t11-full-length-airsoft-sniper-rifle/

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No... (at least not me, cause I’m underaged to the extreme)

I guess some other guys may go to a bar after a hard day at the field.

Airsoft isn’t really that expensive, that it will prevent you from getting a couple of drinks on a daily basis.

Most people full setups cost around $1000-$2000, depending on what position they play on the field. (Now this includes everything: Cloths, AEG’s, battery’s, pistols, Green Gas/Co2, grenades, bb’s, cost of playing on the field, upgrades, etc.)

My very weak setup is right around $200, LOL.

I wish I could afford a couple grand on gear. I mean, technically I could, but I'm the cheapest person you'll ever meet and I'm eyeing a Vegas vacation this spring for Saoirse.

What about a Novritsch SSG10A1? They can handle an M220 spring shooting .46g upwards of 700fps/5 joules. They are $299 right now.

I wish I could afford a couple grand on gear. I mean, technically I could, but I'm the cheapest person you'll ever meet and I'm eyeing a Vegas vacation this spring for Saoirse.

What about a Novritsch SSG10A1? They can handle an M220 spring shooting .46g upwards of 700fps/5 joules. They are $299 right now.
How the heck have I never heard of this rifle before!?

That thing looks sick, and you know it’s gotta be good if it’s Novritsch brand. Thanks for bringing that to my attention man!

Not sure how quickly it would get here, because of the whole country separation, lol. I’ll look into the SSG10A1 some more and watch some reviews. The SSG10A2 looks much cooler, but, as usual, it’s $200 more, lol.

This must be a very new, rifle, because I’m usually first to watch Novritsch videos.

Most reactions

Back