Anyone know anything about this tank..?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

NannaLou

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Thinking I might need another tank….and this will fit perfectly next to the bookshelves…I wouldn’t even have to move anything…so it’s got to be the right thing to do 😂

Just wondered if anyone has any feedback on this brand, or if there’s something similar you’d recommend over this one..? F92C86D9-E682-4B2E-B0D1-E0D1FE79148D.jpeg

Thanks in advance

The tank itself looks good, but I would customise the filter. It looks as though it has unnecessary media, but those are easily changed for sponge.
The light looks OK as well at 6300K. They also make a 'plant' version of the light that comes with the tank but that doesn't give a K rating on Ciano's website.

The tank itself looks good, but I would customise the filter. It looks as though it has unnecessary media, but those are easily changed for sponge.
The light looks OK as well at 6300K. They also make a 'plant' version of the light that comes with the tank but that doesn't give a K rating on Ciano's website.
i know nothing about tanks but
the "all in one" tanks usually need customization...

if there is a version with no light maybe you could get the plant version and save some money?

we completely switched out the light for the tank when i got my 75

Thank you for that reply, is it just a case of taking out the other “stuff” and adding more sponge..?

Ill look at getting the plant version I think, I do like plants

Yes, it's hard to see exactly what's in the filter from the photo of the box but they do mention mechanical (good) biological (good) and chemical (not so good) media. This may mean several bits of media or an all in one cartridge. If it's several bits, just replace the chemical.

Be wary of 'plant' lights. Some of them aren't as good as 'ordinary' lights. The non-plant ones has white LEDs at the right K rating for plants; the 'plant' one has red and blue LEDs and doesn't give the K rating so it may not be the correct one despite being labelled as 'plant'. Byron has said that lights with white LEDs are better than those with coloured LEDs.

All-in-One tanks are great, PROVIDED the supplied equipment is up to what you need.
Speaking once to a Juwel rep, I learned that they are apparently aimed at those who don't know what they're doing and don't want the hassle of acquiring their own separate pieces of equipment.
I suspect, @NannaLou , that you DO know what you're doing. ;)
I found that to keep the prices down, the attached equipment is the best you could get for the money and that value all-in-one suddenly starts to lose its 'value' as soon as you have to start supplementing the kit.

The difficulty is finding tank-only tanks, or tank with lid and lights. If you know of any, please let us know.

(My main tank is custom built so I could choose what I wanted and my shrimp tank was just tank and cover glass so ideal for someone who already had a heater, filter and light)

Yes, it's hard to see exactly what's in the filter from the photo of the box but they do mention mechanical (good) biological (good) and chemical (not so good) media. This may mean several bits of media or an all in one cartridge. If it's several bits, just replace the chemical.

Be wary of 'plant' lights. Some of them aren't as good as 'ordinary' lights. The non-plant ones has white LEDs at the right K rating for plants; the 'plant' one has red and blue LEDs and doesn't give the K rating so it may not be the correct one despite being labelled as 'plant'. Byron has said that lights with white LEDs are better than those with coloured LEDs.
I saw that picture (the circle with the three types mentioned) but don’t have enough knowledge to know ‘what’s what’…but I knew that someone on here would.

I like the Eheim filters and heater that I have, and I have said I wouldn’t buy another “all in one kit“ after my first tank….I might try and find a tank and build from there…🤔

Please standby for more questions….

I have the Ciano Aqua 80 (had 5 of them in years gone by, currently the one in the comp is the only one I have now)

Keep the filter, light and heater as spares, get better ones to use.

They are decent aquariums, well built. I have had no issues with them

CIANO tanks are for sale in pets at home here in the U.K. you could pop along to your local PAH and see if they’ve any there.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back