Anyone Ever Made A Pond Out Of A Large Paddling Pool?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hehe, wish we could do stuff like that in the Uk.

Getting a decent return/pay on a days fishing! Hehe.

How do you catch them? Rod and hook? I'm guessing not, but can't think how else you'd do it.
Catching them is the hard part at the moment. I've been using just rod and reel and trying different types of bait with no luck. They do come near the shore often though, so I'm almost at the point of just purchasing a net to collect them.

bae: Seine nets are illegal to use here or I'd do something like that. =/

oh

Using the pool to house:
DSCN4680.jpg

Working great so far, you'll only be able to use it during the summer but I see no problems with it.

good one...

keeping it on in summers is a good idea...

I would probably buy one for my fishes.

I see loads of interesting setups on the web of people doing this. Mostly in hotter countries though, not UK.

My neighbours have had one for about 4 years, slightly larger than that but the same sort of thing. It is used for the kids in the summer and in the winter its just deflated, folded and covered with something like a tarp. It might be better quality, but looks basically the same. He has some sort of groundsheet or protector under it. Every year I think, oh that pool will be no good this year, he just left it out all winter. Lo and behold last week it was there in all its glory full of teenagers, no leaks, still servicable, my kids peering over the fence enviously.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back