Anybody Keep A Fish Dairy Or Journal

WILDER

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
21,639
Reaction score
12
Points
38
Location
GB
I wish I had it would of been interesting to look back at all the fish I have kept and deseases and problems.
 
I'm currently keeping on as I'm still going through my fish in cycle but I plan to keep track of what fish I add and what problems and such I come across.
 
I made a journal for my discus when i first got them and wrote everything down, water stats and r/o mix % after waterchanges. I also wrote down lots of info from researching the net that i thought might come in useful during my quest to keep healthy discus, best foods/meds/breeding info/water info/plants/tankmates. I also sketched my fav tank layout designs so i could follow them. Sad, but this little journal has been invalueable to me. I also keep notes on all fry, what i did/water stats/growth rates and photo diarys of their growth are kept on my computer.
Maybe i have too much time on my hands, lol
regards Angel
 
I dont and havent done for my tanks but i get my two new tanks on friday so i probably will be doing for them just so i can keep an eye on how things are going :) (im like a big kid at xmas and friday just cant come fast enough!!!)
 
I tried to keep a fish dairy once but the milk yield was extremely low, no profit t be made. They didn't seem to like being fed grass much either. Things went from bad to worse when I tried breeding them, the bull made a bit of a mess :sick:
 
I have just started on my journal and will continue to a point where I feel confident that I can control everything without needing it.
 
I keep a diary :good: Some days its a simple note of any observations, water tests, water changes etc, but others its more in depth, I include all details of adding fish, where they were brought, any breeding activity, any signs of illness, treatments etc.
 
I tried to keep a fish dairy once but the milk yield was extremely low, no profit t be made. They didn't seem to like being fed grass much either. Things went from bad to worse when I tried breeding them, the bull made a bit of a mess :sick:

You're kidding! Are you insane? My fish dairy is working just fine, what's wrong with yours? I've got the finest betta milk in the country, people come from miles around to see it, and all I've been doing is milking my bettas once a day... I just take him out and squeeze him into a cup. Maybe you should try that. :good:
 
I tried to keep a fish dairy once but the milk yield was extremely low, no profit t be made. They didn't seem to like being fed grass much either. Things went from bad to worse when I tried breeding them, the bull made a bit of a mess :sick:

You're kidding! Are you insane? My fish dairy is working just fine, what's wrong with yours? I've got the finest betta milk in the country, people come from miles around to see it, and all I've been doing is milking my bettas once a day... I just take him out and squeeze him into a cup. Maybe you should try that. :good:


Oh dear God.

You do realise you're only supposed to milk females right? That stuff from the males that you've been selling to people isn't milk :sick:
 
Oh dear God.

You do realise you're only supposed to milk females right? That stuff from the males that you've been selling to people isn't milk :sick:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat :shout: all this time, everyone loves my betta milk, now you're telling me....


:sick:
 
colsest i have ever come to doing a journal is taking photos of vinny as he grows so i can compare them from when i got him to how he is now.
 
from when I started at 15 I kept a journal until I met my wife at 26. I'm now 33 and have recently tried to update it and have started it again. Its amazing to se howmany fish I have had in the past
 
Thanks BigC.
Might try one of the download sites.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top