Anybody Else Dealt With "everythingbutwater" Mail Order

i rang my bank today, it seems under the circumstanses i can get my money back thro them, even tho i used a debit card!
i emailed AQUAMAGIC and told them i will be doing this and that they will have to pick up the items from my premises providing they pay me £5 per bag per week for me storing it for them!!
although i dont think this will happen somehow!!

it seems AQUAMAGIC INTERNATIONAL LIMITED are in liquidation as of yesterday!!

http://www.ukdata.com/creditreports/viewCo...4252&full=1
 
On Wednesday night before reading this thread I placed an order with 1st4aquatics.com for 10kg live rock. I must say I panicked after reading through the thread. I went back to website and realised they were out of stock. I thought great an excuse to cancel the order. I had wanted Saturday delivery as I am on crutches and needed someone else there to carry the parcel upstairs to our living room. I rang the company on Thursday afternoon after I returned from the hospital, I was very surprised that the man on the other end asked me how much I had ordered, I told him the amount and he went to check. He came back and said he did actually have that much in stock and I would receive it as planned on Saturday. I explained to him that I was on crutches and asked if that was definate, he said yes. This morning at 8.15am DHL arrived at my door with the said order and I can honestly say that I am so glad I did order it from them. The Premium Grade A Fuji Rock I ordered is beautiful, it stacks well, has colour already and I am extremely happy with the purchase. I am even thinking that they actually sent more than 10kg as looking at it, there seems a fair amount, more than I expected.

I think people should have the option to decide based on others experiences, both good and bad.

EDIT I had not read previous post when writing this reply, I am probably very lucky and maybe I did get more than I paid for!!
 
I ordered some start out stuff on Friday 6th March from "thelivingseas" - API master kit, varied foods, siphon, tongs etc, all in about £52 spent. As it was ordered in the morning and apparently in stock, i was expecting despatch same day, or possibly next day, as per the info on their website. I get an email from them to give a DHL reference and that i should receive the stuff no later than 7 working days. The DHL tracker number is for a booked job on the 6th March, can't tell whether it is mine as it doesn't have any recipient info.

Emailed last Friday to ask whether all the stuff i ordered had been in stock at the time of ordering, or if the despatch had been delayed as I hadn't paid for next day delivery (the delivery info was for DHL, and they send all domestic stuff on next day delivery once they have it, so i didn't see the point of paying thelivingseas for the premium service), and got an arsey email that didn't confirm whether my stuff had been in stock, but that i would receive everything within 7 working days.

Yesterday came and went and neither their order status or the DHL tracking info has changed. I emailed them early on yesterday, asking where my stuff was, as if it hadn't been sent at that point then i wouldn't receive it within the 7 working days. I asked them to confirm a definite delivery date and to confirm that all had been in stock at the time of ordering. Haven't heard back. Tried phoning them - it has been engaged all day today. Emailed them as per yesterday's email, also asking for a cancellation and a full refund, as i can't wait indefinitely for the stuff. Did say that if i haven't hard from them by end of trading tomorrow then i will be contacting the credit card company for a chargeback - what a bunch of cowboys (in my opinion!).
 
Sorry to hear your story, Monkeyhanger. Don't let them away with it. Keep at them until you get either your stuff or a refund. :good:

Whilst browsing the PFK site today, I notice that the 'LivingSeas' crowd have adopted a new advertising style............

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...m.php?news=2049

It seems they have resorted to attracting customers by saying that they are under new ownership. They forgot to mention that the new owner is just a different company run by the same people.

It has to be getting bad when the strategy for attracting customers is to say that you don't own the company anymore.

Unbelieveable. These guys have no shame. :dunno:
 
Sorry to hear your story, Monkeyhanger. Don't let them away with it. Keep at them until you get either your stuff or a refund. :good:

Whilst browsing the PFK site today, I notice that the 'LivingSeas' crowd have adopted a new advertising style............

<a href="http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...m.php?news=2049" target="_blank">http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/...m.php?news=2049</a>

It seems they have resorted to attracting customers by saying that they are under new ownership. They forgot to mention that the new owner is just a different company run by the same people.

It has to be getting bad when the strategy for attracting customers is to say that you don't own the company anymore.

Unbelieveable. These guys have no shame. :dunno:


LOL maybe all these forum post are actually making a difference, that they feel the need to do that. posts about these guys have been seen by thousands of ppl acress numorous forums!

thing is that was a "news article" was posted up by Matt Clark the Editor-in-Chief!!!!!

i did actually have a forum post deleted from that site/forum that related to "aqua magic"!!! i did question weather that site valued its advertising more than its readers, that small "news" article seems a tad strange!!!


YES THE LIVING SEAS ETC HAVE BEEN TAKEN OVER
BUT BY ANOTHER OF THE SAME CHAIN OF COMPANIES WITH SAME DIRECTOR!!!!



this was posted in a thread about aqua magic in liquidation


"Reference : AquaMagic Tropical & Maine Ltd and AquaMagic International Ltd.

As of Thursday 26th February AquaMagic Limited took over all day to day activities from the above named companies.

Any orders that were outstanding from either company have been honoured.

ANY suggestion that we are trading illegally is totally without foundation, all websites are operating TOTALLY AS NORMAL and will continue to do so.

If we wish to change company details that is surely our prerogative!

We note comments about our pricing.

Could it be that we are not as greedy as some, and are happy to make a smaller margin, as most of you would realise we do import some items from Europe, this is also part of the reason that we can sell at a cheaper price, likewise it also explains why from time to time there may be a slight delay in goods arriving with us.

As a gesture of goodwill we take this opportunity to offer any of you a 10% discount on any order placed between Monday 6th of April and Tuesday 14th April, orders would have to be placed by telephone, this will give you the assurance that we are here, you can ask any questions at the same time if you so wish. To get this discount you will need to ask for it at the time of ordering.

Regards
AquaMagic Ltd"
 
Got an emailreply today from biorb aquariums/the living seas:-

Fine

I will pass to the refund dept



----- Original Message -----
From: matthew.aisbitt@sanofi-aventis.com
To: 'sales@biorb-aquariums.com'
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:12 PM
Subject: FW: Outstanding order - no further update

Biorb Aquariums/The Living Seas,

I am sending this email again, due to the lack of response from yourselves in answer to the questions related below. In summary, I would like to know if my ordered items are in stock, were they in stock at the time of ordering, and if so, why have they not been sent?

Internet shopping is supposed to be convenient and hassle-free, but these terms are not what I would associate with my current shopping experience with "thelivingseas". Assuming that everything was in stock, as I was not advised otherwise at the point of ordering, I expected my order to be here by now, but it doesn't appear to have been despatched.

I have tried phoning you on 01305 767320, but the line has been permanently engaged for the past 2 days. Due to the lack of availability for contact, and also due to the fact that you have breached your own terms and conditions in either not informing that my items are out of stock (and so causing a delay) or that my consignment has been delayed for no seemingly valid reason, I wish to cancel my order and obtain a full refund of £51.73. You have not sent the consignment to myself at the time of me sending this email, and so there is no valid reason not to promptly refund my credit card for the full £51.73 charged to it.

I feel it is unreasonable for your website to advertise that it despatches orders received before 3pm on the same day unless the items are out of stock, and then not to despatch the order within a few working days unless the items are out of stock, in which case contact should have been made to give me the option of waiting for the items to be back in stock or cancel the order.

After doing a little searching on the internet, a number of other users of the "Aquamagic" (including "thelivingseas") group have reported waiting unreasonable periods of time for products to materialise - 2 months is not uncommon, so it seems.

I am not prepared to wait an unreasonable length of time for my goods, and on the assumption that all items were in stock (as I was not advised otherwise), I consider that 8 working days so far with no despatch is unreasonable. I therefore am giving you 1 working day to respond to this email (as per the agreed response time in your own terms and conditions) and confirm cancellation so that I can order the required goods elsewhere.

If I have not received a reply from yourselves by tomorrow (18th March 2009) evening, I will instruct my credit card company to initiate chargeback due to a breach of contract and lack of promised goods within the agreed timescale.

This email has been sent with both a delivery receipt and a read receipt.


I hope their refund department is more efficient than their despatch department. I will give 5 working days for the refund to materialise then I am going to Barclaycard. I dont know why these people are so blunt and unapologetic. They need to realise that their customers go to them for price, convenience and service. These posts aren't a personal attack on the company for no reason - people here ordered stuff from them in good faith, expecting the goods advertised within a reasonable period of time. Orders by post need not take more than a few days if the equipment is advertised as in stock.
 
what a absolute joke this company is, they are right up there with off milk and chavs on a bus!!!!

Theres quite a few posts on here about the living seas and all there sub companies, they have about 6 slightly different websites out there so be careful. I've had my fair share of bad luck with them and i honestly think word is getting around quite quickly that they are not a company to deal with. All the best and i truely do feel for you.

oh by the way it took close to two weeks to get my refund, this character Paul was dealing with it and he conveniently forgot about it - TWICE!!!!!
 
I hope their refund department is more efficient than their despatch department. I will give 5 working days for the refund to materialise then I am going to Barclaycard. I dont know why these people are so blunt and unapologetic. They need to realise that their customers go to them for price, convenience and service. These posts aren't a personal attack on the company for no reason - people here ordered stuff from them in good faith, expecting the goods advertised within a reasonable period of time. Orders by post need not take more than a few days if the equipment is advertised as in stock.

thier refund department!!! lol
sorry cant see any company that is run by ppl like this having any "structure" in thier set up!

think its time paul got a job he enjoys, by his manor and actions he blatently hates working for this company as much as we seem to hate the service and delivery time!! :0)
 
This is quite weird and might be related to my recent order of Eco Complete

I ordered my first 4 bags a while ago from [URL="http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk"]http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk[/URL] no problems what so ever got them in record time. (however they were out of stock, last week)

And I needed 3 more bags /cry so I had to look elsewhere while I was searching on the net I saw [URL="http://www.everythingbutwater.co.uk"]http://www.everythingbutwater.co.uk[/URL] also had them in stock but being the geek I am saw the site logo and site design and thought "wow amateur night" I mean you can get "free" online shop software that looks better than this out of the box!

Luckily I avoided them!

I ended up ordering through [URL="http://www.seapets.co.uk"]http://www.seapets.co.uk[/URL] they are having supply problems too it seems but they have got 2 of my 3 bags sent out and assure me my third bag is on its way (happy with the service) so the eco complete might had a blip in supply this month?
 
Worldpay have emailed me to say that I have a refund transaction - the "refund department" seems to be the best performing part of the company in my experience!
 
I have managed to get everything I was after through Ebay, delivered within a few days, and at a cheaper price than with "thelivingseas".

Nothing wrong with Ebay, they just highlight the rip-off UK retail prices. The stuff on Ebay seems to be grey imported from the US, and must still generate a healthy profit for the sellers. My API Master test kit (freshwater) was £18.10 delivered through Ebay, and is a US market pack. The proper UK pack which has identical contents is generally £26 - £30 in the shops. Look for the same item on Walmart's website and the Americans can buy it for $16.99. (£12) Why does the UK get ripped off for so many shop items (not just in aquatics) compared to the rest of the world?
 
i got my api masterkit (with delivery to belgium!) for £14 new on ebay think its an american version. how do you tell?
 
thing is that was a "news article" was posted up by Matt Clark the Editor-in-Chief!!!!!

i did actually have a forum post deleted from that site/forum that related to "aqua magic"!!! i did question weather that site valued its advertising more than its readers, that small "news" article seems a tad strange!!!

That will be because it's a legal statement added to the site because the company concerned has threatened legal action, rather than a news story. I would imagine.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top