Anybody Else Dealt With "everythingbutwater" Mail Order

as i put in another thread - i have had no problems with livingseas or 1st4aquatics and have used them many times and been very happy with them and their service
also they dont hide the fact they are part of the aquamagic group it's on their websites

no one is saying they do hide it!!!

glad you've had good expieriences with them! but from reading numorous forum posts you do seem to be in the minority!

but there are PLENTY of mail order companies that DONT mess their customers about and that send the correct products ordered, in good condition and on time.
surely its better to go with companies with good names and reputations rather than risking going with "dodgy" companies who may well cause you unwanted grief and stress!!

i personally have learnt my lesson to do some research first.
until now i've NEVER been dealt with in such an unprofessional manor by ANY mail order company that i've used in the past and believe me i have shopped regularly on the net for many many years
 
What a disgraceful reply email. That truly is shocking.

So if they sent you a pallet of something by mistake, you would be responsible for sending the pallet back at over 50 quid. AND in this case they KNEW they were sending the wrong item.

Take it to trading standards. They havent done anything like theyre supposed to do.
 
If a non-internet LFS was to treat its customers with this type of disrespect they wouldn't last long in the business. It seems to me that some internet companies believe they can treat people however they want, as they know there will be orders coming in all the time so they dont particularly care if they lose one customer. They are purely in the game to make money.

Although fleabay is not perfect, at least you can check feedback easily, whereas on the open internet it is a lot harder to check sellers out.

My 1st experience with an internet company, "onlineaquariumstore", was disgusting. Lie aftyer lie after lie, and that was from the owner on the phone, who consequently didn't even know what the "conditions of sale" and "posting" information said on his own website! He even admitted to me that his company and service was a shambles! And, 1 year on, they are still trading. The also run a marine version too.

Most of these type of companies hold little stock, but source the items as orders come in.

Ther used to be a time when vendors cared about their customers more than their prifit margins........think its called "Customer service"?? lol

A seller can have 1000's of good sales, but if 1 customer is treated badly that company can no longer shout about its customer services.

There's probably only one seller i trust 100% and thats Dpfishways. They are a shop based business, who also sell online :good:
 
yet more mails from a different person at a different email address with no ref to what its about!!


From: paul@thelivingseas.uk.com
To: jamie
Subject:
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:32:55 +0000


Hi

Please return the product and we will refund it

Paul


my reply

hi paul,

i guess you are the director of AQUAMAGIC GROUP?

i'm also guessing this is about the ECO COMPLETE??
there is no reference to what you are e-mailing me about and again i dont recognise the e-mail address!

so are you saying you will refund my postage of £12.99 as well as the £35.96 for the product??

jamie



his reply from yet another email address!!!!!

From: sales@thelivingseas.uk.com
To: jamie
Subject: Re: RE:
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 13:07:20 +0000


Hi

No I will not

I will refund the product only

Paul



waiting for response to my reply!

now, correct me if im wrong,
BLACK eco complete is shown on your website everythingbutwater? correct?
i placed an order for the BLACK eco complete as shown! correct?
your "company" sent me a replacement RED/BROWN without my consent! correct?

therefore
YOU are liable for return postage or to pick up form my premises!

sales of goods act 1979!

and you also seem to have failed to answer my questions?

you are the director of this shambolically run company AQUAMAGIC GROUP are you?
just so i know who to address my future correspondence to!

thank you for you helpfulness and professionalism you have been a real plesure to deal with
!



needless to say i'm not holding my breath for a cohesive response!
must say i'm actually getting to enjoy this!! ;0)


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
they just trade under different names for some reason (I'd suspect it's so that people will mistankly use another one of thier storesif they have a bad experiance with another).
That is exactly the reason. I went through this with some sports equipment a few years ago. When it took forever to arrive (site stated all products shipped within 48 hours) and I called and finally got a live person (always an answering machine and calls not returned) I got one excuse after another. Finally got it almost 2 months later. Several months later, I happened upon a site that had reviews of online companies and stared reading. This was exactly the same situation. He had upwards of a dozen companies and all had miserable reviews. He was a total rip-off artist. After that, I just felt fortnate that I got my order even if it did take a couple months.

Sadly, you probably aren't going to get them to pay without going to court and of course, that would cost more than it's worth. Not certain what your equivalent to our Better Business Bureau is but I would check with them t see if the company (companies) has any other complaints and consider filing one. I have had to do that before and when I made it known to the company that I intended to file a complaint, they agreed to what I wanted if I wouldn't place the claim.
 
they just trade under different names for some reason (I'd suspect it's so that people will mistankly use another one of thier storesif they have a bad experiance with another).
That is exactly the reason. I went through this with some sports equipment a few years ago. When it took forever to arrive (site stated all products shipped within 48 hours) and I called and finally got a live person (always an answering machine and calls not returned) I got one excuse after another. Finally got it almost 2 months later. Several months later, I happened upon a site that had reviews of online companies and stared reading. This was exactly the same situation. He had upwards of a dozen companies and all had miserable reviews. He was a total rip-off artist. After that, I just felt fortnate that I got my order even if it did take a couple months.

Sadly, you probably aren't going to get them to pay without going to court and of course, that would cost more than it's worth. Not certain what your equivalent to our Better Business Bureau is but I would check with them t see if the company (companies) has any other complaints and consider filing one. I have had to do that before and when I made it known to the company that I intended to file a complaint, they agreed to what I wanted if I wouldn't place the claim.


trading standards is what we have here and yes, i've contacted them need to write to the director of this farcical company before they act!
also it is now my mission to make sure ppl know to avoid these jokers!
i will cost them more in lost orders by highlighting to others not to use them than the return postage they are refusing to pay me!
 
as i put in another thread - i have had no problems with livingseas or 1st4aquatics and have used them many times and been very happy with them and their service
also they dont hide the fact they are part of the aquamagic group it's on their websites


actually it appears they may be trying to hide this fact!!!!

checkout everythingbutwater now!! all ref to aquamagic has magically vanished!!
 
it's written in their terms and conditions on the everything but waters website just seen it there
and if you are implying i work for them or know them then i dont - i am a disabled stay at home mum of 2 and was just passing on that i have had no problems with these people

i have had problems with another site - ***pets - really messed up my order and still trying to get it sorted out - thats why i went to 1st4aquatics and living seas in the first place cos of the poroblems with another site

Just saying i have had no problems with them would not mean i work for them or anything just giving another view and that they dont hide the fact they are part of aquamagic - thats all :)

It;s a shame that baron von bubba and other people have had problems with them - just i haven't and i'm happy and will continue to use them :)
 
Nooooooooooooooooooooo,

I wasn't implying you worked for them, I was just saying I have a feeling "someone" on here might know them or works for them lol.
 
i also had awful trouble with the living seas last year,i`v a post on here somewhere under hardware, hydor ex, with loads of replies off people not happy with their service,and i too think someone on here works for them,dont know how i put link to my post on here,but anyway the emails i received were not very friendly and neither were the phone calls, i eventually got my money back and i would never use them again
 
i also had awful trouble with the living seas last year,i`v a post on here somewhere under hardware, hydor ex, with loads of replies off people not happy with their service,and i too think someone on here works for them,dont know how i put link to my post on here,but anyway the emails i received were not very friendly and neither were the phone calls, i eventually got my money back and i would never use them again


http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=260664

link to your post elaine
 
it's written in their terms and conditions on the everything but waters website just seen it there


sorry, you are quite correct pippoodle.

i'm pretty sure it was in bigger text on the contact us page before tho!

and i read through the terms and conditions tonight and they are really quite a giggle!!
 
So, to total it up so far just from the two thread links I posted earlier...15 members have reported bad, to downright terrible service.

A couple of others who reported that their experiance was overall good, still received items late.

I think I counted 4 people who were happy with their order, but that was from a while ago.

If this was eBay, going from ratings on this forum - that's a less than a 25% positive feedback rate :D lol.

I know it doesnt work like that, and that I'm sure loads of people have had no problems with them...but still, it's amusing.
 
So, to total it up so far just from the two thread links I posted earlier...15 members have reported bad, to downright terrible service.

A couple of others who reported that their experiance was overall good, still received items late.

I think I counted 4 people who were happy with their order, but that was from a while ago.

If this was eBay, going from ratings on this forum - that's a less than a 25% positive feedback rate :D lol.

I know it doesnt work like that, and that I'm sure loads of people have had no problems with them...but still, it's amusing.


hopefully it'll work in a simular way tho, 1600+ ppl have read this thread [URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=262376"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=262376[/URL]

600+ ppl have read my posts in a couple of forums i've been in and i'm like a jack russel i aint gonna let go while i've got my teeth in!! ;0)
so that number will rise significantly before i'm done!!

thats quite a few potential customers that they have hopefully lost and quite a few ppl that have avoided hassle!!

if i help just one person avoid getting ripped off or messed about then i'm happy!!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top