Any Knifefish Keepers?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Vinny Reeds are amazing did you remember the onesI had in my tank, I had 4 about 18 inch long they were one of mybest fish ever

Vinny Reeds are amazing did you remember the onesI had in my tank, I had 4 about 18 inch long they were one of mybest fish ever

I do remember mate, it's then that I first got interested in them, tbh though I had not seen any at all until now. Just a chance visit to this shop as I work in the same area. Unfortunately things havent gone as planned. I bought 5 Ghost Knives and 2 Ropes. I can only see 1 Knife left and have a dead Bichir. One of my Endis ate the smaller knife by the looks of it, and I can only find one now. Need a quick move around in my tanks, so annoyed as they are virtually the same size. Its not the Endi that died, its a Senegal, no signs of him having ate anything either, may have got stuck between filters.

While in Canada I went to a few fish stores with BGK's and a CK wish I could of taken pictures one of the BGK's (was in a separate tank) was 9in while the CK was 11in he was with a redtail catfish and one other fish I have never seen. Really lovely fish just not a fish I could get with how big they get...

I have a royal knife- I saw the specimen they had in the big tank (well over 2 foot) and had to have one- the one I could afford is about 12". Problem is I have had him for around 2 months but he barely seems to eat anything. He is in with mainly cichlids but seems very shy, I feed a lot of bloodworm etc but he never seems to get interested in it and is getting pretty thin now- any ideas?

i had that with a royal once i fed at night and used eartworm, they arevery nocturnal so you have a chance of getting them to eat then

toddnbecka- they look stunning, wow your mate took a risk smuggling back a knife,hehe

these beauts were taken at a local aqaurium in medellin
SDC12623.jpg

SDC12621.jpg

my ickle knife fish is only small at the moment but he adds something to the tank, love hand feeding him, he and my plec hang out under the bridge at the moment. Hes defiantly one of my fav oddballs.

Most reactions

Back