Any Hunters/shooters Here?

then IMO you dont really have the right to call shooting/hunting a sport sick, atleast the rabbits I shoot are eaten, and they lead alot better lives than supermarket meat, and are humanely killed.

oh no, that's not what i meant! :p I have no problem with that.

but there's some posh gits that go into the woods behind my house and shoot, and they just leave everything in there. :( I found a deer once and it had a shotgun wound to it's head, and where it was lying it has dug a hole in the ground from kicking out everywhere. :( That is NOT a sport.

then IMO you dont really have the right to call shooting/hunting a sport sick, atleast the rabbits I shoot are eaten, and they lead alot better lives than supermarket meat, and are humanely killed.

oh no, that's not what i meant! :p I have no problem with that.

but there's some posh gits that go into the woods behind my house and shoot, and they just leave everything in there. :( I found a deer once and it had a shotgun wound to it's head, and where it was lying it has dug a hole in the ground from kicking out everywhere. :( That is NOT a sport.

its a shame you had to find that, what you saw was the illegal side of shooting (you cannot leagally shoot deer with a shotgun)

Its as ugly as the illegal side of drug use, car misuse etc

What I represent is the legal side of the sport.

I've just re-read your post again, how do you know it was a shotgun wound?

It could have been a bullet, which would (dependant on calibre) make it perfectly legal, that is I assume they have permission to be there.

Theres nothing wrong with that, if it was legal then it would have been culled for a reason.

It could have been a bullet, which would (dependant on calibre) make it perfectly legal, that is I assume they have permission to be there.

Theres nothing wrong with that, if it was legal then it would have been culled for a reason.

i dont know it was a shotgun, i just used that word. :blush:

I'm pretty sure they dont have permission - its on the army ranges (salisbury plain) and they sneak onto it early in the morning.

i dont know it was a shotgun, i just used that word. :blush:

I'm pretty sure they dont have permission - its on the army ranges (salisbury plain) and they sneak onto it early in the morning.

ah I see, maybe it is some naughty squaddies or something then!

I was into competitive pistol craft some time ago, there was a nice range that had a combat shoot every Thursday night, on my way home from work. I switched jobs, which sent my commute completely the opposite direction.

My main guns are a couple of Springfield Armory .45 autos, one is street carry customized, the other has had just a little trigger work. I also have various .38's, .357's, shotguns, and Homeland Defense rifles.

I reload for the handguns, it's the only way to keep costs down, though components have been getting more costly, like everything else.

You can only legally shoot deer if you have a lience, the right gun and during then only at certain times of the year.

Red Stags: Aug 1 - April 30
Red Hinds: Nov 1 - Feb 28th/29th
Fallow Bucks: Aug 1 - April 30
Fallow Does: Nov 1 - Feb 28/29th
Sika Stags: Aug 1 - April 30th
Sika Hinds: Nov 1st - Feb 28th/29th
Roe Bucks: April 1st - Oct 31st
Roe Does: Nov 1st - Feb 28th/29th
Red/Sika Hybrid Stags: Aug 1st - April 30th
Red/Sika Hybrid Hinds: Nov 1st - Feb 28th/29th
Chinese Water Deer: No season applies but due to difficulties in identifying immature males and females the culling period is Nov 1st - Feb 28th/29th
Muntjac: No season applies to this species but recommendations are that does only to be culled if pregnant or immature to reduce leaving dependent young.

It sounds like the person who shot the deer did it illegally

(you cannot legally shoot deer with a shotgun)

Is that really the law where you live? In the United States it legal, as long as you use a deer slug and in Maryland is pump only (Pennsylvania semi-autos are allowed I think). But its still a shotgun. In fact, where I live, I can use a bow, crossbow (for youth or shoulder issues during some seasons, open for others), or a shotgun. The limited range. Rifles just go to far where I live. Now I can drive an hour away and use a rifle, but there a ton of deer around me.

Here's my list of guns (most at least)
-Beretta 390 semi-auto shotgun 12g(Dad's)
-Beretta 390 semi-auto shotgun 12g(mine)
-Stoeger Condor 20g (over-under shotgun)(Forskeet shooting and small game)
-Remington 870 pump shotgun 12g(Deer gun)
-Winchester Model 12 16g shotgun
-Marlin .22 bolt-action
-Some other .22 pump
-Chipmunk .22 bolt action single shot (Name is Chipmunk, not its target)
-2 pellet rifles/ 1 pellet pistol.
-2 30-06 rifles
-something savage
-3 muzzle loaders

I hunt/ have hunted:
Deer
Doves
Geese
Clay Targets...

I only kill to eat.

we're not even allowed to bow-hunt here, or own blowpipes :crazy:

you Americans have it good there. years ago it was considered normal to pass a farmer/shooter in the countryside with a broken shotgun under his arm.

These days everyone forgets where meat really comes from.

you Americans have it good there. years ago it was considered normal to pass a farmer/shooter in the countryside with a broken shotgun under his arm.

Wow!!... Impressive arsenal you have there.... Over here you'd be arrested for having so many..... You interested in a hunting package which would include Zebra (in my current Avitar) springbuck (my national rugby team emblem) water buck, and at a push, Leopard, I can talk to Tony to quote ye....

Wow!!... Impressive arsenal you have there.... Over here you'd be arrested for having so many..... You interested in a hunting package which would include Zebra (in my current Avitar) springbuck (my national rugby team emblem) water buck, and at a push, Leopard, I can talk to Tony to quote ye....

If I had the right cal, a passport and a few grand going spare I would love to

Hmmm, I somehow missed this thread. I don't hunt but I do shoot. I don't own any firearms personally but other members of our family do. Our local-ish range also rents so I get to shoot that way.

Oh and nice sako btw. Is that a sound moderator I see? Not too easy to get where I live. And I also spy an infinity? I've never seen one as a bb gun and I thought you said only one shot real bullets.

feking hell bet you get any hassle off no one lol very nice
it wouldnt be safe for me with them, theres some right muppets where i live :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back