Any Hunters/shooters Here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I've just started getting into target shooting. I don't hunt, but have nothing against those who do.

Since I've just started I only have one gun, a Beretta 92FS (9mm).

I work with some huge gun nuts (they're all police officers/fire fighters). We have a couple who have 4 or more gun safes packed full, and still occasionally bring in their latest "toy". :rolleyes:

Here's an example of a fairly normal day at work (I use normal lightly).
116.jpg

Wow!!!.... Your fires must be fierce around there.......?

We're a pretty small department at a local airport so we have to multitask. Our officers are Police Officers, Firefighters, several are EMT's or Paramedics, and we have our own little Bomb Squad of two. The poor guys also have to fill in as dispatchers if we're short handed. :crazy:

i am just getting into this sport, i am in the UK, can anyone recomend an air rifle suitable, it has to be .22cal and no more than £100, i have seen the bsa comet in a local shop- is this anygood, it seems to much to spend (£140) for a beginner like me, i would only be using it for "plinking", pidgeons, and squirrels

i am just getting into this sport, i am in the UK, can anyone recomend an air rifle suitable, it has to be .22cal and no more than £100, i have seen the bsa comet in a local shop- is this anygood, it seems to much to spend (£140) for a beginner like me, i would only be using it for "plinking", pidgeons, and squirrels

come on then mate, lets see your HW!

brought an .177 parker hale striker today for £199 :) and nikko stirling 3-9x40 scope for £49.99 wish the rain would stop so i could have a quick shoot :)

pics to come

Here:

First Gun is a parker hale striker, .177, fitted with silencer, and nikko stirling 3-9x40 scope-
IMGP0865.jpg

IMGP0866.jpg

IMGP0868.jpg

IMGP0869.jpg

IMGP0870.jpg

IMGP0873.jpg

shot of tank :):
IMGP0874.jpg

And then this is my Dads rifle, a wehrauch 35k, too heavy for me lol, with 4-16x40 scope with colour changing cross hairs and milldots.
IMGP0875.jpg

IMGP0877.jpg

IMGP0878.jpg

and then the two together:
IMGP0880.jpg

I hunt, Shoot, Served, and collect.

Latest addition was a walther P38 nazi stamped with holster and two issued back-up magazines.

I do not take pictures of my babies, I am legal to own but refuse to register per my rights.

Oh and for the record, you can hunt deer with a shotgun, there are specific times for it and it is 100% legal, just gotta buy the tags.

What kind of break barrel .177's are those? I got one, from my work www.cabelas.com the thumbhole outfitter, omg @ 1200 fps w/ pba pellets the tree rats never felt a thing.

Here:

First Gun is a parker hale striker, .177, fitted with silencer, and nikko stirling 3-9x40 scope-
IMGP0865.jpg

definately a rebadged BSA lighting that mate, look at the shape of the trigger guard, hope she shoots well none the less!

I hunt, Shoot, Served, and collect.

Latest addition was a walther P38 nazi stamped with holster and two issued back-up magazines.

I do not take pictures of my babies, I am legal to own but refuse to register per my rights.

Oh and for the record, you can hunt deer with a shotgun, there are specific times for it and it is 100% legal, just gotta buy the tags.

What kind of break barrel .177's are those? I got one, from my work www.cabelas.com the thumbhole outfitter, omg @ 1200 fps w/ pba pellets the tree rats never felt a thing.

Its not legal to hunt deer with a shotgun here (England) minimum cal is .243. I think you might get away with using a smaller cal on the smaller breeds of deer, if your loads are hot enough. (gotta check with your Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) first though)

The rifles AdAndrew's has are about 700-750fps in .177, depending on the weight of the pellet. In .22 you're talking about 600fps.

Anything above that HAS to be on a firearms certificate, as un-licenced air rifles cannot produce more than 12 FT/LBS by law.

You can still hunt rabbits/squirrel/certain birds with them, but shot placement is vital.

Heres 3 of mine
DSC_8363.jpg

never been shooting even though i used to be a keepers assistant on an estate trapped loads of vermin though and done my fair share of beating for pheasant partrige pidgeon and duck i would hands down rather eat something thats flown in the sky or had the rain and sun on its back and the chance to reproduce naturally than a (farmed) alternative
ive even been shot by the japanese lol
regards scot :)

Wow thats the sickest gun collection i have ever seen i have a gun ill take a pic in a min nothing serious but it does the job lol

Heres it is rubbish picture sorry

Photo2.jpg

nice rifle. would you be so kind as to share some specs with us.
Its a .22 fitted with a silencer Tasco scope 6-24x50AOE dont no the make of the rifle maybe you will know by the symbol it has like 3 guns stacked like a pyramid shape

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back