Any Hunters/shooters Here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gaz gun man

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone likes to shoot?

I have been shooting for 11 years and hunting for about 6 years.

When I buy a gun I find it hard to sell them on, so I have a few knocking about.

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

my fave hunting rifle;
DSC_1993d.jpg

DSC_1995d-1.jpg

Now with a collection like that I would put you in the fanatical group, and I'm not sure but it looks like a couple of those have silencers on them and that would also put you in the fanatical assassin group.

Only joking, mental note, don't upset the gun totting maniac with more fire power than the police :D

I've often contemplated taking up shooting. First point of call would be the government. That's why we have such tight gun laws over here. Too many idiot politicians and too many people who are annoyed off with them not doing anything to fix the country. Damn government. Yeah I know the police are monitoring this site and I'm going to get a visit from them tomorrow. That's alright they already monitor my computer and phone records. Damn cops have nothing better to do than hassle me coz I'm warring with the council.

I didn’t know guns were so readily available in the UK.
Do the law makers limit the semi auto handgun clips? Here you are only allowed to have clips that hold 10 rounds so if you get into a shoot out with the cops they have more rounds (13 or 14 usually) and more chance of shooting you while you reload.

they're all air rifles and pistols, with the exception of one which fires bullets.

WIth regards to handguns, they're illegal here, and have been since 1997 :(

they're all air rifles and pistols, with the exception of one which fires bullets.
rofl :rofl:
oh my that's funny
bullets being little lead slugs that come out of a gun. Air rifles also fire little lead slugs that come out the end :)
That's an interesting looking sub machine air pistol you have there hiding next to the handguns :)

yeah governing bodies are a bit paranoid about hand guns. They are small and easy to conceal, thus making them ideal for bad people to use. It should be like Texas where everyone carries a gun. Then if someone draws on you, you can retaliate and shoot back. I heard of a place where it was actually illegal not to carry a firearm. I can't remember where it was but if you were caught outside without some sort of gun, you would be fined. I think it was due to wild animals eating people but not 100% sure on that.
A lot of people carry hand guns when they are up north fishing. And it's not for shooting fish :) It's in case you get attacked by a crocodile or pig. Not that you really have much chance to draw or even think about pulling a gun when it happens. The damn things come out of nowhere and it is all over in an instant.

well here we say air rifles/pistols fire pellets.

I dont expect anyone that does not know guns to know what a rimmy is so I put bullets instead (as most associate bullets with explosive ammunition)

The laws here are pretty rubbish really, as I said, handguns went in 1997, assault rifles in 1988.

We're allowed semi auto .22LR, bolt action from .17 to .50 - and only if you're deemed safe by your local police force. Even then the calibre you can have will be decided on the land you shoot over.

I can own upto .308 on my land, as it is cleared for deer, but I dont need that.

Shotguns need a seperate licence if they are single barrel, Side by Side, or Over Under. pump and semi auto shotguns can be 3+1 (I think) on a firearms licence.

Ah the grand laws that govern us all. I can understand assault rifles. I mean there aren't many places where you can shoot 100 deer at the same time, except maybe the north pole with Santa Clause :) Look out they're attacking us with their hooves. Open fire men. Governor Arnold gets out there with a midi gun and cuts loose on the local deer farm. Take that you damn deer.

Shotguns are a funny one aren't they. They only carry a few rounds and are a bit difficult to hide under your jacket. I suppose it was because they were commonly used in armed hold ups over the years. People would walk around with a sawn off shotty and say stick em up. A semi auto hand gun or even a revolver would be more effective but not as intimidating.

Cool Mate, What do you shoot, do you shoot game if so what types.

I've been shooting a few times, using a mates gun, only killed to eat though. I dont agree with killing for sport.

My dad used to have a few high powered air pistols that he used in shooting ranges, but somehow the police found out that he had them and said that he would need to bolt them to the loft beams out of reach. :blink:

I'd feel sorry for a burgular who would think to break into your house :lol:

That gun at the head board end second from the left looks like a G36C off call of duty 4 :nod:

Nice collection. :good:

I've been shooting a few times, using a mates gun, only killed to eat though. I dont agree with killing for sport.

I agree mate. I don't think I could ever do it myself... and i'd deffo not call hunting and shooting a sport! that's sick.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back