Any Fisherman/women On Here?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Im an angler as well and i love to go out on the local lakes and canals and rivers and have been deep sea fishing a numerous of times now and have done since i was 4 years old and thats all i really know in life as well as football, FishKeeping and My Profession a Dj :good:

My Pb :good:
24 lb Mirror
Cameraphotos06063.jpg
[/img]

I have been fishing for years (not so much in the last 10 years tho). where i am theres a lot of carp in the lakes. i have spent many a nite up the thames fishing for eels and made a few quid up the pie and mash shop for them too

theres a nice uk carp forum here................

www.carpforum.co.uk

I used to live on the south coast, so I had the best of both worlds, plenty of lakes and rivers and the sea.
I personally find fly fishing and spinning much more enjoyable than coarse fishing. But nothing tops sea fishing, especially when you make things more difficult for yourself ;)

I remember I used to go pier fishing in Newhaven, I used to take a beachcaster for getting mackerel, bass and cod and a lightweight freshwater match rod for having some real fun.
If you really want a challenge try this:
Get the most flimsy, lightweight match rod you can with get some 1-2lb line.
Set up a sea float, with a 2m depth for the bait.
Bait a thin but long strip of mackerel.
Keep floating just around the edge of the pier.
Wait for the garfish/bass to bite.

I can tell you, hooking a 2lb garfish or a 5lb bass and watching your match rod bend in half, having to play it careful is so much more enjoyable than landing a 34lb carp with £100s of equipment - I've done both.

Hi, I've often wondered how this subject would go down with people on this site. Apart from keeeping tropical fish my other hobbies are watching my local footy team and fishing. I'm a carp angler. Any free day i have to my self I'm on the bank trying to land a big carp. I love it. Their are a few idiots around who don't look after the fish but most carp anglers are respectfull of the health of the fish. All carp go back in the lake. I think you would be very surprised to see how much carpers do care about the welfare of the carp. Carp are very expesive one of the lakes I fish bought six twenty pound carp at £1000 each. Carp are very clever i'ts not like sea fishing where they bite anything, with carp you have to trick the fish into taking your bait. I've spent many hours on the bank and not caught a single thing then go up there the next day and catch all day.

I'm probably going to get a bit of a bashing from some people on here but I think we might be surprised.
some people may find it cruel.I for one when I've landed a carp on the bank do treat the fish and put it back.

Brads.........tin hat on

i am a keen fisherman who enjoys nearly aspect of fishing no matter what i catch.
But i have a question for you youre talking about CARP being the most sought after fish and being really careful with them but how do you treat fish you are not after that you catch if you are after carp and carp alone such as tench and bream ?
I know many anglers that dont bother with the care and respect other fish need especially silverfish and i know more that have never even caught a perch or a gudgeon cause there only target is carp.
Not a rant just a question lol
Cheers

Yep, i'm a very keen coarse/carp angler. Love fishing always will, good to know theres lots of us on here with a similar interest for tropical fish! I'm only 13 too lol!

Tight lines and wet nets!

I never used to be into fishing but got into this year, brought a reasonable set for about £40 and did some sea fishing, not sure if thats coarse or something different but I enjoyed and looking to go again soon :D, might try lake or river fishing next time but yeah I enjoyed it, didnt catch anything first time but was getting to grips with setting it all up and learning to cast etc! :D

I love fishing! I do mostly creek fishing for trout, although I do some ocean. For ocean it's usually stuff like surf perch, sand bass, calicos, barracuda, close inshore stuff. Needless to say, I do enjoy some 1 1/2 day - 2 day trips, it's just a matter of getting out there. I'll also sometimes go striped bass, bluegill, or crappie fishing too. I am looking to get into fly fishing.

ive been fishing since i was 4 aswell me and my dad used to go down almost every weekend and we would put all the gougen and minnows we cought in a bucket and let them out at the end i fish for things a little bigger now lol carping in the summer and pikeing in the winnter

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back