ANY, EVERY, ALL SNAILS WANTED PLZ

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bulldog188

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm setting up a tank for snails and want any and all types sizes etc of snail I can get my hands on.. if you're wondering why :thumbs: then I'm trying to get a good crop of apple snails for my increasing amount of tanks and the other main reason is I'm seriously considering converting the larger of my tanks to accomodate a Mbu Puffer... I know, I know before you all say it's a waste of a big tank and I know they can reach 12" in size :lol: but I'm sure I want to do it so I need a ready supply of food for the fat bloater :lol: and setting up my snail breeding tank seems like a good way to have a ready supply of food on hand for this little fella [well little for the time being anyway! ] so if any one has any pesky little guys they wanna get rid of or if you breed these guys yourselves and are willing to post to newquay or are in the cornwall area please let me know.. I, of course, will be readilly available to pay for any and all shipping costs etc and have most online payment methods at my disposal ie paypal, nochex, fastpay as well as the good old fashioned cheque in the post etc etc..

Please let me know guys..

Also as a side note if anybody has any other suggestions on food supplies for this guy please let me know.. ie anything else I could breed to feed as it were.. etc

Look forward to hearing from you

Iain

What a beggar hey!!! I should really do more charity work!!!

Umm, I beleive Mbu's get around 24-36", and need a 200 gallon tank :thumbs:
As for snails, just get a ten gallons, no hood, filter, or heater need (although they may prefer a heated tank) and ask your LFS for some pesky snails, and they probably will be happy to give you a handful of nuisance snails. you can just put them in the tank, they will breed like crazy and make lots of little snacks.
You may want to buy some bigger snails though, like apple snails. I assume that a Mbu could just suck up commen little snails without chewing on them at all. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back