Any Alternative To Tahitian Moon Sand?

I found the article, too. I'm sold. There is a distribution center about 15mins away, so the next time I get a chance, I'll head over there! :)
 
I'm interested in this too shame I'm in the UK, well Ive mailed 3m Europe to see if they are going to sell this product in the UK, hopefully will have a response in the next few days. ??
 
I'm interested in this too shame I'm in the UK, well Ive mailed 3m Europe to see if they are going to sell this product in the UK, hopefully will have a response in the next few days. ??

cool let us know how it goes
 
I'm interested in this too shame I'm in the UK, well Ive mailed 3m Europe to see if they are going to sell this product in the UK, hopefully will have a response in the next few days. ??

cool let us know how it goes

Well ive had a reply and the news is .............

Scott,

Hello we supply these to the UK out of the US either through and authorized
exporter or on a direct basis.

Can you let me know will you be re-selling these or are you the end user?
Also is this for Floors or Pools? Based on that info I can better help
you.

Regards,
Mike Tasker
3M International Business Development
3M Center Building 0224-1N-31
St Paul, MN 55144-1000
Tel: 1-800-243-3636 Ext 3.
651-733-4947
Fax: 651-732-8254
e-mail mtasker@mmm.com,

Ive mailed them back and hopefully will have a responce from them soon..................
 
I'm interested in this too shame I'm in the UK, well Ive mailed 3m Europe to see if they are going to sell this product in the UK, hopefully will have a response in the next few days. ??

cool let us know how it goes

Well ive had a reply and the news is .............

Scott,

Hello we supply these to the UK out of the US either through and authorized
exporter or on a direct basis.

Can you let me know will you be re-selling these or are you the end user?
Also is this for Floors or Pools? Based on that info I can better help
you.

Regards,
Mike Tasker
3M International Business Development
3M Center Building 0224-1N-31
St Paul, MN 55144-1000
Tel: 1-800-243-3636 Ext 3.
651-733-4947
Fax: 651-732-8254
e-mail mtasker@mmm.com,

Ive mailed them back and hopefully will have a responce from them soon..................

well i replied and the answer for all us UK guys is...........
Scott,

I suggest you purchase through our exporter, Solid Sales Marketing.
Contact name is Andy Lim and he can be reached at ssmktg@optonline.net or
201-986-1388. Let Andy know the product # and quantity you are looking for
and he will get you a quote. As an FYI we ship this product line from
Wassau, Wisconsin and charge freight from plant to end destination.



Regards,
Mike Tasker
3M International Business Development
3M Center Building 0224-1N-31
St Paul, MN 55144-1000
Tel: 1-800-243-3636 Ext 3.
651-733-4947
Fax: 651-732-8254
e-mail mtasker@mmm.com
 
i was wondering if a trip to firm that fit swimming pools may be worth it, to perhaps buy some from them.
 
Thought I'd update everyone and say that I changed my 125 over to black colorquartz S grade. After it was all over, I looked like a coal miner, but hey, it was worth it! I'll update with pics tomorrow. :D
 
Awesome! How much did it cost in the end?

I'm turning my 55gal into a high tech planted tank. Cost wise I don't have a problem buying the pressurized CO2 and the lighting upgrade. Its all the eco-complete I'm going to be buying, I need enough to make a 2" layer in a 55gal. So I'm guessing around 5-6 bags which is going to run around $120-140 :look:. Expensive rocks...
 
Almost $50 for 100lbs (2 bags). It made about 2 inches of sand in my 125gl. Much better than $150 of eco-complete!

This stuff is awesome, but if you decide to get it, wash it well and I suggest wearing gloves. I looked like a coal miner after I was done! :lol:

Here is a link to a thread with pictures... http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showto...p;#entry2012303

They're not the best, but it shows how nice it looks. It's so smooth to the touch and just looking at it. I am very pleased!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top