Animal hybrids

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
I have some what of an obsession with hybrid animals weather a natural hybrid or a man made one they fascinate me . Leading to the thought of human hybrids ... nearly all Europeans so by proxy Americans aswel have 1-2% Neanderthal dna .. personally that is proof that human hybrids can exist. Leading to the bonobo who shares 97-98% of the same dna as a human , surely in some Russian lab these two apes have been hybridised. And if not by some sort of ethics surely there is some Frankensteinā€™s possibility that a human bonbo hybrid is capable beens other animal species who share less dna like polar bear and brown bear have cross bred , I mean iv been googling this and there isnā€™t no scientific evidence to prove or disprove , my internet provider must really worry about my mental state some time lol

Well, I sure am positive that a human hybrid can exist... But who knows? Maybe it's already done in some kind of lab...

Well, I sure am positive that a human hybrid can exist... But who knows? Maybe it's already done in some kind of lab...
Iā€™m on theory also , it started when i found out rats and mice donā€™t cross breed and I was semi shocked so I spent a hour looking for animals that can hybridise and after seeing that hybrids can happen between animals that share less than50% dna Iā€™m convinced that a fellow great ape that shares so much dna to ourselves could cross breed

The only humans on Earth that have Neanderthal DNA are the Australian aboriginals. No other humans have it.

I'm pretty sure there are/ were tiger x lions but only a few in zoos.

There have been a few cockatoo crosses (pink and grey galah x corella) found in captivity. But as a general rule, most species will try to breed with their own kind and only hybridise when there are none of their kind around. Which means they usually occur in captivity when forced to live on their own or in unnatural conditions.

The only humans on Earth that have Neanderthal DNA are the Australian aboriginals. No other humans have it.

I'm pretty sure there are/ were tiger x lions but only a few in zoos.

There have been a few cockatoo crosses (pink and grey galah x corella) found in captivity. But as a general rule, most species will try to breed with their own kind and only hybridise when there are none of their kind around. Which means they usually occur in captivity when forced to live on their own or in unnatural conditions.
Don't think that statement is entirely correct.
We all have "some" Neanderthaler dna.
Think maybe this article is what you're refering to?

Also one can ask himself if Neanderthalers were a different species so we can speak of (man made) hybrids like Ligers, Zorses, Mules etc... Most of them are infertile I believe.

Some of the strange...and very real....hybrid mixes that have been done and are quite commonplace...

Zedonk/Zonkey - zebra x donkey...they are gorgeous to look at, cuddly donkeys with stripy legs. Quite a few of them live at the Isle of Wight donkey sanctuary

Zebroid/Zorse - zebra x horse

Liger - male lion x female tiger

Tigon - female lion x male tiger

Jaglion - male jaguar x female lion

Pizzly - polar bear x grizzly...hundreds living wild in Alaska and right across the Arctic regions, a very large familial group live in Svalbard

Grolar Bear - polar Bear x brown Bear

Coydog - Coyote x stray domesticated dog.....many are found across the Mojave region, they survive perfectly fine within Coyote packs

Coywolf - coyote x wolf

Geep - goat x sheep

Savannah Cat - any domesticated cat x serval

Beefalo - buffalo x cow

Hinny - female donkey x male horse

Cama - camel x llama

Dzo - yak x cow

Leopon - male leopard x female lion

Mulard - muskovy duck x mallard duck

Zubron - cow x european bison

We all have "some" Neanderthaler dna.
Indeed, both of our children have Neanderthal DNA. I'm waiting for my results.

From 23andme.

European, Asian, and indigenous American populations today have between 1ā€“2 percent Neanderthal DNA, but Sub-Saharan African populations have significantly less. While Neanderthal remains have been found close to Africa there is no evidence that Neanderthals ever called the continent home.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back