Angels: Need a clarity on feeding "Australian Black Worms"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Krishna Kumar

Reaction score
Angels: Need a clarity on feeding "Australian Black Worms"

I need a clarity on this, this question may sound stupid but still ...

Can we feed "Australian Black Worms" to Angels ? (pic attached)

a) If NO, why ??
b) If YES, then can they be fed on a daily basis ?
c) If NO, why ??
d) If YES, will the bio-load have a effect on a planted tank in any negative way ?
e) If NO, any other side effects for the angels.

https://www.blackworms.com.au/default.asp

Attachments

• Australian Black Worms.jpg
    Australian Black Worms.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 126
Are they freeze dried, frozen or live blackworms?

Blackworms are normally fine but they need to be clean. Freeze dried is fine. I wouldn't use frozen.
Live blackworms need to be dark in colour and wriggling about in clean water. If there are any cream, white or grey worms mixed in with the blackworms, then don't use them. The pale ones are dead and rotting. The water they are in needs to be clean and not smell bad. if the water is cloudy or smells bad, don't use them.

Are they freeze dried, frozen or live blackworms?

Blackworms are normally fine but they need to be clean. Freeze dried is fine. I wouldn't use frozen.
Live blackworms need to be dark in colour and wriggling about in clean water. If there are any cream, white or grey worms mixed in with the blackworms, then don't use them. The pale ones are dead and rotting. The water they are in needs to be clean and not smell bad. if the water is cloudy or smells bad, don't use them.

Hi Colin, thanks for the reply. Yes these are Freeze Dried Black Worms, I have fed them couple of times & the water never gets cloudy or smells. Secondly I hand feed by Angels so, the whatever I feed is completely consumed in less than 10 seconds.

Freeze dried is fine.

What else do you feed the fish?

How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?

Freeze dried is fine.

What else do you feed the fish?

How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change?

Am feeding them now with the below food.
- Tetra Bits Complete
- Tetra Blood Worms Freeze Dried Treat
- NLS Thera-A Regular Formula Pellets

Change of water: Weekly once & 40 to 50% water change

You can add some live or frozen (but defrosted) food to their diet. Marine mix is available from most pet shops in the freezer and consists of prawn/ shrimp, fish and squid/ octopus. You can feed them raw or cooked prawn. Buy some from a bait shop or supermarket and keep them frozen. Take one out, defrost it and remove the head, shell and gut (thin black tube in body) and throw these bits away. Use a pair of scissors to cut the remaining prawn tail into small bite size pieces and offer a few bits at a time. Let the fish eat until full, then remove uneaten food.

You can feed them live brineshrimp (available from most pet shops), mozzie larvae, daphnia and white worms.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back