I've got a 130 litre tank
9 cardinal tetras
6 Corydoras
1 angelfish (other one deceased)

Was hoping to add some dwarf gouramis
Thoughts please

How long has the tank been set up for?
What is the pH and GH of the water?

Dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalius) and all their colour varieties are regularly infected with fish TB and the gourami Iridovirus, neither of which can be treated.

There are other types of small gourami that do ok with small fish. If the angelfish is big, then I would not add any small gouramis.

How long has the tank been set up for?
What is the pH and GH of the water?

Dwarf gouramis (Colisa lalius) and all their colour varieties are regularly infected with fish TB and the gourami Iridovirus, neither of which can be treated.

There are other types of small gourami that do ok with small fish. If the angelfish is big, then I would not add any small gouramis.
PH is sitting at 6
GH 0 to 30
I planned on getting a proper water test before hand.
The tank is a few month however I changed the filter media completely as it wasn't doing well enough. My angel is full grown

The other fish I was thinking of if not the Gourami was apistogramma

I wouldn't do dwarf gourami.

Perhaps maybe honey gourami, theyre a bit friendlier and more healthy

If you changed the filter media, then don't add any fish for a few months because the filter will need to cycle again. You should also reduce feeding for the next month and do a 75% water change every couple of days to make sure the ammonia and nitrite levels stay low while the filter recovers.

Apistogramma cacatuoides or one of the other larger species of Apistogramma would probably be ok, but not until the filter has recovered.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back