Angel Fry.. New Pics.. 8/1/08

A few updated pics of the three amigos.. :lol: They are eating adult food now..

STA41973.jpg

STA41968.jpg

STA41960.jpg

About time you showed up.
Neat picture as always. They are start to getting taller I see.

Well not quite Angels but I did get some eggs from Gold Rams last night(evening). Unfortunately I wasn't there when they made them but it is pretty exciting to see the tiny eggs on the stone in the back of tank. And it looks like he is a house husband look after the eggs most of the time and she goes out for grocery shopping. Although I don't think she take any home. :lol:
And there are still on the stone this morning. So we'll see if I get any frys in few days.
It is such a amazing to see such a small fish have instinct to look after the eggs and frys. They were dashing toward to the un-invited, un-welcome guest of small corydoras to give some lips. Although I don't think they would hit but they did not want anybody to come near the precious eggs. Since then, I removed them(corydoras) this morning. So now they are on their own.

Anyway, this was nice surprise when I came home last night. :)

haha those fry are cool. Thats neat how they each have their different markings, like little puppies. I like their nice fat bellies too.

i'm not sure whats wrong, but i don't see any pictures? :-( is there something i could change to fix this? :sad:

Sorry ibbledibble I dont know why you cant see the pics.. :huh:

Thanks waterbox.. Yeah they are little fattys.. :p

cool Neon all the best with your eggs.. :D

Heather X

Unfortunately the eggs got re-cycled on 2nd day. But the Dad was guarding eggs for first day pretty good. And the eggs might not be any good since they didn't look like were developing. So I think the male may need some time to mature. And they might need few tries before they can raise their youngs.
On the brighter note, I did find A SINGLE FRY when I did the vacuuming the Celestial Pearl Danio tank(formaly known as Galaxy Rasbora). I didn't have any suitable container for 1 fry so I just gently put him/her back in the thicket of the Moss. And after the water change yesterday, the male seem more serious of courting females today. I think they will be fine in the ongoing breeding arrangement. I expect some tiny free-swimmers to show up in few weeks to a month.
And Chris and Terry(my 2 Albino Angels who is the first fish to be given the name) are growing nicely. Don't know their sex hence the unisex name but I am hoping they will be a couple. They seem hang around together. And they are about 2"(5cm) body size. And beg for food all the time if they spot me within 10'. :lol:

Hiya Heather!!

Great pics. Lookslike those little guys are starting to get bigger. I am still hoping that mine will lay some eggs. I have a spare tank. They are just begining to mature now so fingers crossed.

Goodluck with them and goodluck to you to neoncory!!

Thanks freerunner416,

I shouldn't overtake someone else's thread too much. Otherwise, she might kick my butt. ;)

Then again, I don't like to people hanging when they acknowledge me. Yeah hopefully I can get some C*chlid frys in near future and start my own thread and stop hijacking Heather's thread. :lol: So~~rry.

Some more updated pics.. :yahoo:

The tank
STA41977.jpg

Hiding out in the plants
STA41994.jpg

STA41997.jpg

A few closer up shots.. :wub:
STA41999.jpg

STA41996.jpg

All the best Neon.. Hurry up so I can see some fry pics :D
Yep Craig they are getting bigger..They are taking their time though I thought they would have been alot bigger by now.. They are eating adult food now , they dont have the sense yet to come up to the top for it, they hang about the bottom and wait for it to fall.. :lol:

No No You are the best Heather. If that happen, I think I may have to go borrow the digi camera from someone and find the good comp that can post the picture.
And tell you the truth, I think the tiny female Ram is close to take another shot of family expanding soon. Although I am not sure the male is old enough to perform properly yet. We shall see.

I guess watching Angels never grow.

And are you going to name them since they are only 3 of them and all different and they are recognizable??

All right Heather , more pictures! :good:

You are right, they did grow and now they are indeed looks like tiny Angelfish.

Speaking of Angels, I am suppose to get some small Angels next week in the mail. The Corydoras trade I made with another hobbyist/breeder I met over online. And I asked what Angels he have and he told me he will throw in some in the box with Corydoras. So I ask him if he has some Cherry shrimps and would like some. So I am toss in some shrimp with my Cory for him.
I just have to make sure to find some space for them.

Been following the babies progress. Well done they look great
:good:

Most reactions

Back