An interesting breed of Pseudo. elongatus

Exiled

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Here's some Usisya shots. Some of them are black, some brown some yellow, and the dominant male is sort of a chameleon with his colors plus he's the only one with the blue barring on top of his head. The Pseudotropheus elongatus usisya's are my most graceful fish. :wub:

Attachments

• best_usisya_shot.JPG
    best_usisya_shot.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 47
What's with the forum today?? All these posts comming from nowhere?
anyway..... more pics of Usisya's and their variations:

Black Usisya

Attachments

• black_usisya1.JPG
    black_usisya1.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 37
here he is at feeding time with an unsexed juvi Pseudotropheus saulosi

Attachments

• usis_and_saulosi.JPG
    usis_and_saulosi.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 38
That's all folks!

Hope you liked 'em! It took all day to get the shots :X

Attachments

• usisya_head1.JPG
    usisya_head1.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 37
Exiled, that first post is one of mine from quite a while ago, I'm sure I was talking about my son :lol:

Beautiful fish btw, I just love them!! :cool:

Gabe

thanks Gabe-- Isn't it weird how the forum is behaving? I thought this problem had been fixed. Oh well. Glad you like them~~they give me lots of joy :D

Yes, it is very weird. Quite a few posts are like this, with extras at the beginning. I was really surprised to see one of mine doing it lol.

I really like your yellow fish, I think they are so pretty(yellow fish).

Gabe

The bright yellow? Ps. saulosi.... some of them will eventually turn blue with dark stripes... but they are still very young. The one in the pic got nipped :/ . If it continues I will have to remove them and put them in a tank of their own.

I just got off another pic of one of the black Usisya's I love how their colors are so variated

Attachments

• black_usisa.JPG
    black_usisa.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 39
Hey Exiled.... You got some really interesting fish there.... are they a new import also? I've seen lots of elongatus variations but none like that... is it related to the ndumba brown?
Also, I just saw your Cyno afra mbwecas --- :) please read that posting I have some questions for you there about the breeder.....
Love the diversity in your tank :flex:

Hi NYmbuna. Welcome to the forum. What mbuna do you keep?
:*) Thanks for all the compliments..... you should also check out Freshmike's fish they ROCK!
as far as Pseudo. elongatus ndumba brown, not sure how closely related they are but after all they are elongatus's ;)
Good luck with the breeder (got my PM?) he's a little ummm, how can I put this nicely...."rough around the edges" :S

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back