Ammonia Is Stuck

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

petitelupin

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
so i cant get my ammonia below .25...

ive been doing water changes daily and it doesnt seem to help..my fish are fine though, any suggestions?

ALSO..can someone please tell me how my roommate keeps three 9-inch goldfish, three 3-inch gourami and a pleco in a ten gallon without them all dying?!??!? its infuriating me

Hi,

Is there any ammonia in your tap water by any chance? That would explain why water changes aren't diluting it any further.

With regard to your roommate's tank, that's possibly the worst stocking for a 10 gallon i've ever heard, but so long as there is adequate filtration, theres nothing to say the fish will die instantly, or even soon. The ill effects are long-term and may never be visible to you, until one day the fish die for apparently no reason.

It's a shame, and you should convince your roommate to get a bigger tank, or rehome everything and start again, and research the fish and their requirements before buying them this time.

Cheers :good:

BTT

no ammonia in my tap...just checked it
Try to check if there is another source of ammonia in your tank. Are you cleaning the gravel when doing water changes? Left over food can get stuck on the bottom, and if kept there it will start to produce ammonia.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back