Amir Kahn - Boxing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

BigC

Fish Maniac
Reaction score
Please keep your replies light hearted and on topic with no heated overtones;
Given the evidence and in light of this latest boxing scandal..."Is boxing so corrupt as to openly flaunt it being so...or is it innocent of all wrong doing".Whilst I do still believe that Amir Khan won his last fight...still this is not the point of this thread.
Did he lose it on his boxing ability or were there other forces at work, something more dark and sinister.
Your views please:-

Regards
C

Hmmm.... In the words of Dana White, don't leave it in the judges hands.

I think corrupt is a little strong. Maybe biased would be a better word.

I'm sorry but even the commentators put Amir Kahn as the loser, I don't think it's corrupt, I think it's just Kahn being a bad loser. Who cares anyway, he's not a real boxer, I want me some Mayweather Vs Pacquio... Cannot wait..

He was a 'proper fighter' once upon a time. Probably one of the most exciting fighters to watch. Seems to have slowed down a hell of a lot now and thinks more... :lol:

Has an explanation been given for the piece of paper passed to the judge from the unknown man? Also, why was he messing with his score card? :huh:

Its pretty much immaterial as far as who the combatants names were it could have been [font="Verdana]Mayweather Vs Pacquio[/font] ...the point in question is was the score card tampered with. what was the guy doing there, why was the top judge not watching the fight
and why did the mystery man celebrate with the winner!
in boxing terms was this correct and above board what happened.
Regards
C

He was a 'proper fighter' once upon a time. Probably one of the most exciting fighters to watch. Seems to have slowed down a hell of a lot now and thinks more... :lol:

Has an explanation been given for the piece of paper passed to the judge from the unknown man? Also, why was he messing with his score card? :huh:
REALLY? HES ALWAYS BEEN terrible with a cauliflowerbackside

REALLY? HES ALWAYS BEEN terrible with a cauliflowerbackside

I agree - he was touted as the next big thing after only managing to come second in the olympics then as a pro fought a load of short bouts against 3 rate opposition!

As for the corruption - probably there is an extraordinary amount of money involved in the fight game

Yes, really... He used to be very exciting to watch for me. His speed and accuracy was immense. Not so now though.

Being a Promoter is better, you don't need to get hurt to get rich..........

I think a lot of sports are corrupt, as nowadays it's all about the money.
There is something not right about this fight though that needs investigation

rematch it is them, i think it should of been declared as a draw and. got. his. belt back. and. khan going. into the rematch as the champion personally.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast
  • Essjay
Back