Amazon Sword and Pleco's....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

enchanted

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My Pleco seems to have fallen in love with my Amazon sword... Has anyone else seen this? My big question is, will he damage it?

What type of plec is it?

My b'nose loves my plants, he is on them all the time and has never caused the slightest bit of damage to them

It's a common. He keeps climbing up the leaves....

mine does that all the time... he has a favorite leaf and if another fish comes near the plant... he swats it with his tail :p And no damage from any fish yet... just hair algae :angry:

I guess I will just keep an eye on him and the Sword. I'm kind of worried when he gets bigger. :unsure:

Well, he doesn't appear to be "eating" the leaves, but he is going up and down them. What I'm worried about now is when he gets bigger. :/ Going up and down those leaves when he is bigger could break them off at the stem.

I've heard that plecs can dessimate plants when they get bigger. I have a friend who's given up with plants because his 10" Plec will eat entire Swords overnight!! I guess it's the plants or the plec (when it get too large).

Hopefully by the time he gets that big I can buy a 125G and space out the larger plants enough with tall growth that he will have a hard time doing it. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back