About a year ago I set up an Amazon Biotope and it worked great, my cockatoos and angels started breeding, all the fish were doing really well but I just found it too much work to keep up (my ph is 8, my water is hard with 40 ppm of nitrate and it was costing me so much time and money to keep pH at 7, nitrates at 10 and water soft and black) anyway so I gave up on it and now just have a naturally decorated tank with clear water and not particularly great stats. All the fish are doing ok but have stopped breeding.
I want to continue the amazon theme fish and decoration wise but my stock has sort of diminished and i want to build it back up so was wondering what amazon fish I can get that will do ok in these water conditions and will go in a 200l tank with:
3 Angelfish
1 Bolivian ram (will obv replace her partner)
4 neon tetras
7 Cockatoos (5 semi grown fry- will prob sell)
4 Cories
2 Plecos
Thanks
I want to continue the amazon theme fish and decoration wise but my stock has sort of diminished and i want to build it back up so was wondering what amazon fish I can get that will do ok in these water conditions and will go in a 200l tank with:
3 Angelfish
1 Bolivian ram (will obv replace her partner)
4 neon tetras
7 Cockatoos (5 semi grown fry- will prob sell)
4 Cories
2 Plecos
Thanks







