Amazon Biotape Help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cambojnr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I want to make my tank an amazon biotape style tank to house sterbas Corys, rummy noses and some blue rams, but could use so help with plant ideas and placements to make the tank look easy on the eye, it's a 125l tank, 80l, 45H and 35W I already have my black sand and background with my wood, any ideas of placement and recommendations of plants would be very helpful, thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 155
Im gonna need tank dimensions for your tank.

some great plants that come from the amazon are red cabomba, amazon swords, some staurogyne species and many more.

the red cabomba should be background and the staurogyne and amazon swords should be on midground to back.

but your fish are all bottom dwellers. rummy noses are bottom dwellers so are corys and rams. they would fight for space.\

it would bebetter to have top dewllers instead of rams. they would have territorial issues with the cories

i agree with fish herder maybe swap out the rummy noses with a top dweller hatchetfish come to mind as thye are from the amazon and are top dwelling but if you decide to go ahead you will have lots of territorial aggresion

In my experience the Rummy Nose Tetra is not a bottom dweller. Mine liked to swim lower to mid levels. Cories would make great tank mates for them. They are both very peaceful fish.
The rams however, can be territorial, and can be quite aggressive during spawning and caring for their eggs. Usually though, in a community tank, the rams end up eating their eggs.

Have you found these sites? They may be of interest to you in your research on how to create your Amazon Biotope:
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquarium/amazon.php
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/species/hemigrammus-rhodostomus/

I had kept my Rummy Nose Tetras with Otocinclus. At one time I had German Blue Rams, at another I had Black Phantom Tetras with them. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back