Amano shrimp

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

View attachment 94943View attachment 94944 Hi guys,
I have two amano shrimp and have watched a video saying you can tell the sex if they have dots on the side (male) or dashes on their side (female) is this true? And what do you think my two are?
Thanks in advance
Male Amano shrimp are small and display sots a lines on their lower sides. Females are larger, and have dashes instead of dots on their lower sides, and might have a saddle behind the head or eggs in the swimmeretts. I’m pretty sure that image 2 is a male, but I can’t tell what sex the shrimp in image is. Which one is bigger? As I said above, the females are bigger than the males. :)

Male Amano shrimp are small and display sots a lines on their lower sides. Females are larger, and have dashes instead of dots on their lower sides, and might have a saddle behind the head or eggs in the swimmeretts. I’m pretty sure that image 2 is a male, but I can’t tell what sex the shrimp in image is. Which one is bigger? As I said above, the females are bigger than the males. :)
Ah thanks good to know and roughly they are the same size one may be a little bit bigger but not by much maybe they are both males :)

D9C47DBA-D1E1-456E-AB9E-E27D48AB6762.jpeg
I don’t know if this will help with sizes but this was taken today (ignore the pebbles I’m going to try grow algae on them in the window )

Yes, they look to be both males. :)

They are very hard to bread though.

Most reactions

trending

Back