Am So Annoyed With Lfs.

sneezy

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 11, 2008
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Thought I was buying three SAE, got home to find that they are the false ones. They keep chasing my tetras and my rummy noses are seriously stressed (which admittedly doesn't take alot)

I've also read they should only be kept singularly and are a bit crap with algae.

I only wanted some tank cleaners to get rid of my brown algae. I wanted oto's but they didn't have any and I was assured that these would work as well without getting too large (I only have a 60litre)

Am so upset. Plus the place is 40 mins drive away so am going to have to somehow rehome 2 of them locally. I only know people with cichlid tanks which obviously they won't last five minutes with.

Grr.
 
what color are they, as there are loads of loaches and fish being labelled as proper algae eaters when they are not.

are they mottled grey black long and slender
or silver with black stripe
or black with orange and sliver stripe
or a balck and silver checkerboard pattern
 
I know it's a 40 minute drive but can you ring the store and return them? They haven't sold you what you wanted. Best to take them back to the store asap if you can't rehome them. Don't want your tetras and rummy's stressed out, that could be fatal hey. I got a bristlenose 2 days ago for the exact reason you want to remedy. One little bristlenose has done wonders on my tank. He's the best cleaner in the house :) In the first 24 hours he has brought the Amazons back to the bright green they once were. Maybe the store will let you swap if you might consider a bristlenose.
 
They are silver with a black stripe and a lighter stripe running above it which stops before the tail fin.

Unfortunately cannot get back to Lfs because I don't drive myself so have to rely on my husband who is a anti fish misery guts :lol:

Won't a bristlenose be too big for my tank? (60L)

Do you think my local Lfs would take the fish even though I didn't buy them there?
 
I've managed to rehouse 2 of them and with 17 against 1 I'm sure my tetras will be ok with the remaining one.

Am now kind of sad to see them go. they are so lively and fun darting about. Makes my tetras look really slow and boring.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top