Am I A Bit Over-stocked?

30 fish in a 60l tank...wow thats alot. other people screamed at me for wanting to put 13 fish in a 40l tank. but anyways hopw everything turns out a success
 
30 fish in a 60l tank...wow thats alot. other people screamed at me for wanting to put 13 fish in a 40l tank. but anyways hopw everything turns out a success
this is why i dont like people that go oh you can have so many fish in a tank when it is not the case

you add a sensible amount of fish and then test your water to make sure everythings good if it is add a few more. but it will get to a stage where fish will be fighting for space.
 
I agree with all of the above.
But due to the platys being livebearers I really would recommend cutting their numbers down to 5.
 
30 fish in a 70l tank...wow thats alot. other people screamed at me for wanting to put 13 fish in a 40l tank. but anyways hopw everything turns out a success

Thanks.


Good advice given here.

In an ammonia level of 2.0ppm I believe fish can sustain permanent gill damage in as little as 1-2 hours.

Andy

Seriously? D: Well, I've done a 50% water change because that's all I can manage by myself at the minute, I'll try and do a 75% later on tonight when my mum isn't fast asleep >.>"

30 fish in a 60l tank...wow thats alot. other people screamed at me for wanting to put 13 fish in a 40l tank. but anyways hopw everything turns out a success
this is why i dont like people that go oh you can have so many fish in a tank when it is not the case

you add a sensible amount of fish and then test your water to make sure everythings good if it is add a few more. but it will get to a stage where fish will be fighting for space.


*cough*70L*cough* Well I definitley won't be adding anymore, I just added a couple more platy's because I had like 4 males and 2 females, and the males where picking on each other and the females and I felt bad Dx

I agree with all of the above.
But due to the platys being livebearers I really would recommend cutting their numbers down to 5.

Yeah, that's a good idea, but like I said, I won't be keeping any of the fry, but yeah I think I'll have a think about which ones I'd give back to the store.
 
Ammonia's down to 1! And I'm going to be doing another water change thing evening! Squee! ^___^
 

Most reactions

Back
Top